Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator !! 
Click here for more information

Andras Field - General

General discussion and support for Andras Field

743 topics in this forum

• 195 replies
    • 141 replies
    • 83 replies
  1. AFAA Club 1 2 3 4

• 79 replies
  2. Andras Field USA 1 2 3 4

• 78 replies
  3. Plot sales NOW 1 2 3

• 68 replies
    • 66 replies
  4. Online flying 1 2 3

• 66 replies
  5. Show off your desktop! 1 2 3

• 61 replies
    • 58 replies
    • 55 replies
    • 47 replies
  6. Who's up for it? 1 2

• 47 replies
    • 43 replies
    • 42 replies
    • 40 replies
  7. Membership 1 2

• 38 replies
  8. Lars' Flight Scores 1 2

• 38 replies
    • 36 replies
    • 35 replies
    • 34 replies
  9. Ian's flight scores 1 2

• 34 replies
  10. Chat thread 1 2

• 33 replies
  11. Release? 1 2

• 31 replies
    • 31 replies

• Popular Topics

• Latest Posts

• Many reasons. First of all, Flight Simming is at this moment a very small hobby.  But the main reason is that P3D can only be bought at Lockheed and it clearly states that it is not intended for hobby use. That the practise is different might be the case but the EULA is totally clear, not for entertainment use.  MFS will be sold everywhere, at MS, at steam, in over 500 retail shops, the amount of marketing is massive, I counted over 200 YT videos uploaded in the last 36 hours, P3D never had anything like that. For Lockheed the hobby simmers were just the people who paid to create the platform for professional use. We worked on a box version with them for 2 years but we never got anything done. That, and selling it everywhere online, would have changed things.   Where the product is sold makes a HUGE difference. When Dovetails sold FSX on Steam they sold many many tens of thousands. It tripled the amount of simmers in 6 weeks. Most of those did not end up buying add-ons but I can tell you in confidence, for many companies it was a lifeline.    And after all, just look at the MFS. It is so much more attractive, so much easier to sell.     
    • I know, you did not ask me, but I can tell you: MSFS (and its marketing) fulfills the dream of flying. This dream for flying is as old as mankind. P3D (and its marketing) only fulfills the wish for flight simulation. This is an immense difference.   So MSFS adresses nearly "everybody", while P3D only adresses real life pilots or hardcore simmers.
    • That really surprises me! May I ask why there are so many customers less for P3d? For me it has always been the logical choice after FSX (which has never really been good for me). Were people really so anxious because of the EULA?? Well, at least here, nobody has knocked on my door to ask me if I had fun while training so hard ...because we will all be real airline pilots one day^^ With P3d v4, I've found a very good, stable simulator that I've always hoped to see one day. With my new hardware, it's simply amazing how well and stable it works with complex scenery AND aircraft. And if I look at the addon market, I've never seen a simulator which was so "complete" in one single sim: We have amazing renditions of the Dash 8-Q400, B717, 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, A32X, A330, CRJ, E-170-195,... and of course a lot of GA planes. Looking at the sceneries, there is hardly anything left to do, at least in the areas that are less popular to fly to for "the community".   So, as good as MFS looks in the previews, I could imagine that it takes me a long time to switch, because there will be a lot of things that are probably not availible or will cost a lot of money again, mainly complex aircraft.   Cheers, Dominik
    • Well, you can imagine that the new MSFS and its wonderful marketing bring a lot of new people to the community?! I think the same way. And I'm convinced that not everybody can (or want to) afford the hardware that is necessary for MSFS. So you suppose that those people will fly MSFS with X-Box, as I assume? And I suppose that a lot of those people might give FSX a new chance . . .
    • I grew up in Quebec, those and Tintin were considered childhood scripture. Found out as adult they were also published in English, but those just didn't feel the same
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts