Technical Help, Tips, Hints, How-To's

Need help with FSX? Ask your question, will try to help. Have any tips, hints, how-to's that we can pin to help others?

83 topics in this forum

1. Cannot Install Sp2

• 1 reply
    • 3k views
    • 0 replies
    • 2.7k views
  2. Msvcr80.dll Ctd

• 3 replies
    • 4.6k views
    • 3 replies
    • 5.8k views
  3. Aerotow Pihelgas

• 9 replies
    • 4.2k views
    • 14 replies
    • 10.8k views
    • 15 replies
    • 4.6k views
    • 3 replies
    • 4.4k views
  4. Can't run CX

• 20 replies
    • 9k views
    • 7 replies
    • 3.9k views
    • 10 replies
    • 3.6k views
  5. Aircraft Carrier

• 2 replies
    • 3.6k views
  6. Aircraft help

• 1 reply
    • 2.4k views
  7. Opning doors

• 3 replies
    • 2k views
  8. New Cloud model

• 4 replies
    • 2k views
  9. Need a recap on Vista/FSX!

• 7 replies
    • 2.3k views
    • 8 replies
    • 5.2k views
    • 1 reply
    • 1.4k views
  10. New Machine choice

• 7 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 2 replies
    • 2.1k views
    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  11. Help Setting Up Weather?

• 3 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. "Pinned" Posts

• 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 8 replies
    • 1.9k views
  13. CCS Files

• 9 replies
    • 2k views
  • Popular Topics

• Latest Posts

• After 3 years of not solving the existing SAM problems (XP12 compatibility made basically in 5 minutes by chreate a change log), Marten finally officially announced on Discord last week, that he will not continue SAM development. SAM is now basically useless plugin, not compatible with Better Pushback, DataRefTool, XPUIPC and other plugins. In addition causing CTD in approach phase, when it meddle with destination airport in exactly same moment when XPL engine doing this. Marten now will try to scam MSFS users via his new FSS (flightsim-studio.com) company. In XPL remain a huge mess after him, as SAM despite being propietal software not properly maintained for years somehow become "etalon" of good payware scenery. I think that now Aerosoft and ORBX whose paid sceneries are heavy dependant on SAM plugin, should come with some solution perhaps in joint effort, so at least existing assets and paid sceneries not end as useless. I personally slowly remake owned paid sceneries from SAM to XP12 default animated jetways and replace VDGS SAM assets with AutoGate assets as Autogate as opensource plugin at least recently get XP12 update which is functional and as far as I know do not cause CTD or incompatibility issues with my other plugins. I even wrote FWL script so LR jetways work for me automatically as SAM assets - based on Beacon state. Users not skilled in WED probably need to ask to return money for product which not work as advertised, or wait until somebody will come with some successor of SAM. Mess is really deep - for exemple if you buy EGPH from ORBX - this scenery is distributed with SAM2 assets, but ORBX Central install SAM3 version of plugin. SAM2 assets are not compatible with SAM3 plugin. Two months ago I filled ticket, ORBX closed it after 6 weeks as solved. Nothing changed. So This week I replaced EGPH´s SAM Jetways for XP12 animated jetways, wrote FWL script to add automatical function, replaced SAM VDGS´s for AutoGate assets, repaired XP12 incompatibilities of the scenery, mistakes in Parking elements, add missing taxiways. It cost me one working day, but at least i have working scenery for which I paid. Unfortunatelly I have feeling that developers of paid sceneries never sceated single valid gateway scenery, do not watched Jan Vogel´s WED tutorial videos, and do not use WED validation function at all. Biggest dissapointment for me was LSZH from Aerosoft which was announced as XP12 compatible. WED validation showing 80+ errors, no single parking is where should be, misalignent 4m or 10° not a big issue, Jetways and VDGS not working. Generally this scenery is in such mess, that contrary to ORBX EGPH, I do not want to spend my time on repairs of 47,19AUD scenery, because this can not be repaired DIY style in one day.   Concerning paid modules of SAM - I spend more then hundred bucks for basically nothing. No single module worked asi intended. Can not understand that Aerosoft and org store still sell it even now when developer clearly not provide any support and not solving any issues of these modules. (Agressive and illogical overtaking over GPU dataref etc.)   If somebody is interested in reworking his bought airports with SAM to XP12 jetways, already have FlyWithLuaNG+ for XP12 plugin and want automated function actuated by beacon switch, instead of actuating jetway via ground menu (Shift+G and Toggle Jetway connection), can download Toggle_XP12jetways.zip from my webpage: http://willhelm.info/x-plane-12
    • Hallo WalSch, danke Dir schon mal für die Info.. Beste Grüße.
    • Hi All,  Just wondering if there were any updates on the CRJ for Xbox? It's something I'd really like to see implemented into the SIM for us Xbox users because there's unfortunately quite limited options available.  Thanks 
    • This was supposed to be a Universal tool for the Simulator and has become a completely incompatible tool on simulator planes. I know all the possible incompatibilities and provisions from the parent company, but I've seen that you're not dealing with it or at least committing to support the users who trusted you by paying for this product, to expect what? I demand 360-degree support after trusting a developer, and I repeat this does not seem to me to be the case. Can we expect a massive update for all the bug-fixes? Implementations of all aircraft profiles?   Thanks in advance
    • Dear Thorsten,   Thank you very much! Of course I realise that many of the improvements are not quite so simple! I also don't see a highly detailed interior, for example, as being that important, but in the end the performance has to be right! Nevertheless, there are of course some important aspects, especially concerning the colour scheme or many details on the airside, e.g. the many doors/roller doors/details on the "ground" of the terminals, trees, or the south side of Terminal 2.   I have already sent you some pictures by PY, I hope they help!   Here, so that others can also see the pictures, but the ones mentioned: The Audi banners (unfortunately I have few pictures, but many where aeroplanes are in front of them...):

Please login to display this image.

The T2-Jetways:

And the sun shades:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use