Honeycomb Interface for FSX, Prepar3D and MSFS

Create an account or sign in to download this
832 Downloads
4 From 4 reviews

2 Screenshots

About This File

Hi all,

Quite a while back, a created a very early version of an interface called the PMDG Honeycomb Interface found here. It only worked for the PMDG 737 and 777 and only for the Alpha Yoke.

This was until the Aerosoft team created the very excellent Honeycomb software, that also included the PMDG group of aircraft after a few revisions.

However, I had a few requests to continue with development and recently, PMDG have of course released their MSFS 737-800, 737-700, & 737-600 which is also not currently covered by the Aerosoft tool. (for now 😉 )

So, here is the new shiny version of my Honeycomb interface. This now covers:

• Honeycomb Alpha Yoke
  • Honeycomb Bravo Throttle

Works with the following platforms:

• FSX
  • Prepar3D
  • MSFS

The following aircraft are catered for:

• FSLabs A319, A320 & A321
  • PMDG 737 NGX
  • PMDG 737 NGXu
  • PMDG 737-600 for MSFS (May work with other versions)
  • PMDG 777
  • TFDi 717

NOTE: This utility requires SimConnect to work. It's included in the download. 

NOTE: Please remember that you IP Address may need to be amended in the included SimConnect.cfg depending on your setup.

NOTE: I've created a small utility that will help you diagnose any MSFS SimConnect issues. This will come in useful if you're not sure if you have set up SimConnect correctly. You can find it here.

I should point out that I'm not affiliated with PMDG, TFDi, FSLabs, Honeycomb or Aerosoft in anyway. This is a private project and due to PMDG's EULA, MUST ONLY BE USED for personal entertainment as per the EULA that I'm obligated to initially display for acceptance before you are able to use this utility.

Also, thanks to Raphael Jakob from Aerosoft who helped me with the original version of this with some tips and code and thanks to @Bazza_Melb who has helped to find several bugs, suggested new features and tested for me.

There's a manual included, any questions, please feel free to ask in the comments here.

Thanks,

For which Simulator

FSX
P3D V3
P3D V4
P3D V5

What's New in Version 2.1.3.0   See changelog

Released

• LEDs are now working for PMDG Aircraft
  • Fixed a bug where only having the Alpha connected would cause a crash
  • Fixed a bug where you couldn't stack multiple commands under a single button/switch (Thanks to @Bazza_Melb for spotting this)
  • Fixed a bug where if you did manage to stack multiple commands under a single button/switch, they wouldn't all action. (Thanks @Bazza_Melb)
  • Added the ability to use the gear LEDs for the PMDG 777 (Thanks to @Bazza_Melb for working with me to orchestrate this and test it)
  • Fixed a bug so you can only assign LEDs when the Bravo is connected
  • Updated button text for clarity (Thanks @Bazza_Melb)

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

CH Lee

First of all thanks for making this amazing software for honeycomb controller, but sadly I was unable to use the software...

So I am using it on the P3D V4 with my PMDG 777, when I tried to connect it keeps pop up the message that asked me to start the sim even I have started. I have checked that I have installed simconnect (used your MSFS checking tool to check all simconnect software are installed) and the NETFramework was already V4.8, the required line in the .ini file in the PMDG file was added also. So I wonder if there any solution for this? Many Thanks!

Response from the author:

Hi @CH Lee,

Sorry for the delay, busy week at work. Will DM you now.

Cheers,

Link to review
Bazza_Melb

Many thanks for this. After many many days of trying to get the Alpha & Bravo to work on the 737ngxu with the configurator, I finally gave up . Then I came across this little beauty and within a few hours I had my 737 & 777 mapped and running. It's so easy and I fail to see why Honeycomb made the configurator so difficult to use.

The only thing I cannot get to work are the landing gear lights. Please advise the mapping sequence.

cheers

Baz

PS my sim is P3D V5

Hi @Bazza_Melb,

I'll PM you as there's only a limited conversation that we can have here. 

Thanks for the review, they should actually already be working, things like the warning LEDs and gear LEDs are all hard coded as it's pretty prescriptive what they should light for.

Frustratingly, I don't have P3D installed right now to test, but I'll PM you and ask a few more questions.

Thanks,

Link to review
channex81

I've tried this but it doesn't work for MSFS I added the extra line in the options.ini for 736, 737, 738 found in the app data folder and also installed the simconnect esp found in the zip file and installed sim connect for Prepar3d as that apparently has more functionality than the one download able from within MSFS developer mode. All I get when I click start within the app is a "please start flight simulator" message. Any help appreciated.

Hi,

This maybe because you need to use a local SimConnect.cfg in the root of the application folder. 

I've attached one to this comment, please put the SimConnect.cfg in the folder with the main .EXE and try again.

Please also not that you may need to change the IP Address in the SimConnect.cfg to that of your machine. It depends how you have SimConnect set up.

I've now included the SimConnect.cfg in the download and a reminder to configure it in the manual as it seems to be catching a few people out. 

Let me know if it works. If you still have trouble, I wrote a small diagnoses utility for someone else with issues that helped them to get it working. You can find it here

Thanks,

SimConnect.cfg

Link to review
jbinner518

0 of 2 members found this review helpful 0 / 2 members

VERY HIGH hopes for this, for MSFS. However like the person below, clicking on the app does nothing, doesn't launch. :( I am sure it's something I am missing. (if it helps, I am not "new" to all of this, I am an IT Analyst by trade. Just moving up to MSFS finally, now that PMDG is around. lol)

Please help if you can. ty.

Hi,

With xaio_club below it’s because Simconnect wasn’t installed. 

Not sure if you’ve got it installed, or the right version, but a good source for them is here.

It was sorted after that. 

DM me if that doesn’t sort it.

Cheers,

• Upvote 1
Link to review

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use