HOTSTART TBM900

Create an account or sign in to download this
698 Downloads
0 From 0 reviews
11.96 kB File Size

1 Screenshot

About This File

Here is my Bravo config file for the HotStart TBM 900 (fantastic add-on for X-Plane).

You will have to map your AP buttons in the X-Plane menu (nb 1-8) by using the specific commands of the TBM (go to "tbm900/actuators/ap"). For my own, I mapped the REV button to VNAV and the IAS to Flight Level Change. In fact, I did not make any change to the Honeycomb default config file at this point, so the X-Plane commands should also work... The CRS function of the rotary knob (nb 14) works for the course when the CDI is selected to LOC.

I mapped the button nb 10 of my throttle 1 to the function "basic/toggle beta prop" ("do nothing" for nb 11) : so, when the throttle is fully back, it activates the reverse range and if pushed a bit forwards, it goes to taxy range. Otherwise, from flight idle to feather and high idle, I'm using the mouse...

The annunciators illuminate as they shoud. For CAS messages :

- Low oil pressure.

- Low fuel pressure.

- Vaccum low (I had to ask to the devs the good dataref and value...).

- Low volts is for "Low voltage".

- Parking Brake.

- Door : illuminates when one door stays open.

- APU is for GPU Door (illuminates when the GPU is still connected).

- Starter engaged for... Starter

- Aux Fuel Pump is for "AUX BOOST PMP ON" (switches ON when the pump is set on ON,  switches OFF when the pump switch is on AUTO).

- ANTI ICE is ON to remember you setting the two pitot switches to ON.

- Low Hyd Pressure has nothing to do here with hydraulics : illumininates for INERT SEP ON.

Master Warning or Master Caution illuminates when one of these messages appears.

There is no test fire button in this aircraft, so I do not know if Engire Fire illuminates when it happens...

If you notice some issue, I will do my best to add some correction.

For which Simulator

X-Plane

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello danhenri,

I appreciate the Honeycomb Bravo config file you created for the Hotstart TBM 900.   Would you be so kind as to go into more detail on how you got the Throttle to reverse, go into taxi range and move to the right?  There is a pull area below the throttle knob, did you find a way to lift that in order to move throttle back?  I can be reached at dlane@innovia.com or US +1.715.490.0499 if that's easier to communicate.  I'd be glad to pay for your time to assist me.

On 10/12/2021 at 8:03 PM, DDLFLY said:

Hello danhenri,

I appreciate the Honeycomb Bravo config file you created for the Hotstart TBM 900.   Would you be so kind as to go into more detail on how you got the Throttle to reverse, go into taxi range and move to the right?  There is a pull area below the throttle knob, did you find a way to lift that in order to move throttle back?  I can be reached at dlane@innovia.com or US +1.715.490.0499 if that's easier to communicate.  I'd be glad to pay for your time to assist me.

In xplane 11 if you map the go around button(14) to "toggle thrust reversers"  that will allow you to go into taxi and reversers mode.  Hope this helps.

On 10/16/2021 at 12:35 AM, DeVon C said:

danhenri,  I am trying to setup the Honeycomb bravo quad and am struggling with the basic mapping to single throttle setting on the HotStart TBM900.  Mapping the throttle and mixture in Xplane to the TBM900 throttle does not work at all. Saw where someone used the prop and throttle on the TMB in MS2020.   I have the Honeycomb configurator but understand the throttle settings can all be done in the Xplane setup.  Does your TBM900 json file also setup the throttle configuration.  Appreciate any help on this.  Bill

@danhenrithank you for the excellent profile you've created for the TBM, its one of my favorite acft to fly in XP11 - however I cannot import the profile into Honeycomb's software (latest version) for X-Plane 11, it appears that the TBM profile JSON is saved in Windows CR LF format, and the honeycomb software appears to only accept Unix formatted JSON files. Do you happen to have your profile available in this JSON format?

Hello Jim,

It appears to me in .json format when downloaded. Perhaps may you try 7zip to download the file ?

Cheers,

Daniel.

image.png.7e4bd114374b7d646b2ca7d1ea022bad.png

Hi Dan,

Fantastic work mate!

I'm stuck on a couple of things though; If I press the HDG, APR, or NAV buttons, the autopilot correctly changes to the requested mode (as verified by the annunciators on my monitor). However, only the HDG button lights up when pressed. The other two buttons work just fine, but they don't light up to say that they're active on the TQ.

I'm very much a newbie with the Honeycomb configurator; but I can see the variable that HDG mode monitors, but I can't for the life of me find the equivalents for APR and NAV modes (mostly just NAV mode I want - I don't ever use APR mode).

Are you or anyone else able to give me a heads up on exactly which variable I should be assigning?

Many thanks,

Cheers,

Colin

Just following up here ... I found the answer; there's an entire set of tbm900 DataRefs that don't show up in the configurator ... but I was able to type them directly into the config file using notepad. 

NAV light now working. APR light still not working - not sure what's going on there; I've quadrule-checked that the DataRef is correct - and I've verified that that variable is changing when the mode is selected (using DataRef Tool plug-in).

Not too bothered as I don't use approach mode, but would still be nice to sort it.

On 4/2/2022 at 7:24 AM, C J Southern said:

Hi Dan,

Fantastic work mate!

I'm stuck on a couple of things though; If I press the HDG, APR, or NAV buttons, the autopilot correctly changes to the requested mode (as verified by the annunciators on my monitor). However, only the HDG button lights up when pressed. The other two buttons work just fine, but they don't light up to say that they're active on the TQ.

I'm very much a newbie with the Honeycomb configurator; but I can see the variable that HDG mode monitors, but I can't for the life of me find the equivalents for APR and NAV modes (mostly just NAV mode I want - I don't ever use APR mode).

Are you or anyone else able to give me a heads up on exactly which variable I should be assigning?

Many thanks,

Cheers,

Colin

Hello Colin,

As sayed in my description, I mapped all the buttons of the automatic pilot directly in XP menu, not in the configurator. Be careful to use the specific datarefs of the TBM. All the lights should then work. For me, they do.

On 4/3/2022 at 12:58 AM, C J Southern said:

Just following up here ... I found the answer; there's an entire set of tbm900 DataRefs that don't show up in the configurator ... but I was able to type them directly into the config file using notepad. 

NAV light now working. APR light still not working - not sure what's going on there; I've quadrule-checked that the DataRef is correct - and I've verified that that variable is changing when the mode is selected (using DataRef Tool plug-in).

Not too bothered as I don't use approach mode, but would still be nice to sort it.

Hello,

I did not program the AP functions in the configurator, but mapped them in the XP menu. For me, all the lights are working this way.

image.thumb.png.5ffaff3b17ea1950889a27cead34acf9.png

20220406_091738.jpg

Capture d’écran 2022-04-05 230909.jpg