QualityWings 787 Bravo Throttle Profile (with all LED lights)

Create an account or sign in to download this
2299 Downloads
0 From 0 reviews
179.93 kB File Size

1 Screenshot

About This File

This profile includes and assigns almost all the control on Honeycomb Bravo Throttle including MCP buttons, rotary knobscontrols, LED button lights and annunciator lights on Bravo Throttle.

As Bravo Throttle is not specifically designed for the 787 systems,  I had to get creative and create a logic to map the physical elements on the Bravo Throttle to the 787 systems, this is specially true in the case of the red annunciator lights. One of the key goals in building this profile was maximizing the usage of all physical controls on the Bravo Throttle.

Creating and testing this profile took 5 full days of writing and then testing a new json profile that you can easily add to your Honeycomb-Configurator application. 

This profile is also easily customizable, so if you prefer your assignments differently, you can achieve that using the Honeycomb-Configurator application. I haven't had a chance to create a PDF user's guide with pictures for the control assignments yet, so for the time being, please use the application to look up the control assignment and customize it to your liking. 

Here is a quick summary of the MCP button and rotary knob assignments:

MCP button assignments

Bravo Throttle MCP button

Assigned to 787 button

Bravo Throttle button light logic

HDG

HDG SELECT (not HDG HOLD)

Since HDG SELECT doesn’t have a light on the real plane, the button light is mapped to HDG HOLD light

NAV

LNAV

LNAV

APR

APP

APP

REV

LOC

LOC

ALT

ALT INTERVENE (not ALT HOLD)

Since ALT INTERVENE doesn’t have a light on the real plane, the button light is mapped to ALT HOLD light

VS

VS

VS

IAS

VNAV

VNAV

Rotary knob assignments

Bravo Throttle Selector position

Bravo Throttle INC/DEC rotary assigned to 787 rotary knob

IAS

IAS

CRS

Captain’s side BAROSET

(since real plane doesn’t have a CRS rotary)

HDG

HDG

VS

V/S

ALT

ALT

Middle row switches

Bravo Throttle middle row switches from left to right

787 function

Flight Director (FD) left and right ON/OFF

Transponder XPDR <-> TA/RA

WRX glareshield button left

TFC (traffic) glareshield button left

TERR (terrain) glareshield button left

Pedestal FUEL CONTROL left engine

Pedestal FUEL CONTROL right engine

For which Simulator

P3D V4
P3D V5

What's New in Version 1.0.3   See changelog

Released

• Fixed the full reverse trust functionality for when the throttles levers are pushed down beyond the detent points (from idle reverse to full reverse)
  • Note: you may receive a few warning dialog boxes about missing variables when you load/bind this profile for the first time, it seems this issue is caused by the recent version of Honeycomb Configurator, a quick workaround is to turn on/off the middle row toggle switches once and then reload/rebind the profile, after doing this, all the 'missing variable' messages are gone and switches perform as mentioned in the tables above.    

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

@collegeroad We have tested this profile on at least 4 different machines and it works perfectly on all of them. Profiles can't make your p3d crash, worst case scenario is that the buttons may not function, not crashing p3d. most likely your issues are elesewhere.

well tried profile nothing worked even when the profile was active had to go into controls to change something came out sim crashed and only happens with this profile, but will test more just starnge this profile causes what I have stated, appreciate the time people are taking to make these profiles :)

Many thanks for you hard work.  I have spent time trying to get the CS 757 and 767 mapped... Not an easy task

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Hey all.  My flaps are setting positions on there own.  Ive cleared all default controls and hae the right axis setup.  Only does it when the 787 is active.  Any suggestions?

3 hours ago, Shant Kahwajian said:

Hey all.  My flaps are setting positions on there own.  Ive cleared all default controls and hae the right axis setup.  Only does it when the 787 is active.  Any suggestions?

This profile doesn’t have any mappings for any of the axis, those are and should be directly controlled through P3D Controls settings.

When I load the QW787-10 SP4 into P3Dv5 I get the following variables missing: 

L:QW_MCP_L_WXR; L:QW_MCP_L_TFC; L:QW_MCP_L_TERR

L:QW_OH_Annun_REH_FAULT; L:QW_OH_Annun_REH_FAULT2

L:QW_OH_RPUMP_FWD_BUTTON

How do I get these local variable recognised?

21 hours ago, AllanK said:

When I load the QW787-10 SP4 into P3Dv5 I get the following variables missing: 

L:QW_MCP_L_WXR; L:QW_MCP_L_TFC; L:QW_MCP_L_TERR

L:QW_OH_Annun_REH_FAULT; L:QW_OH_Annun_REH_FAULT2

L:QW_OH_RPUMP_FWD_BUTTON

How do I get these local variable recognized?

I (the creator of this profile) noticed the same issue, It seems this is an issue that was introduced with Honeycomb Configurator ver. 2.1.0. or QW 787 SP4. Those variables still exist in QW787 SP4. The only way (and easy way) that I have found to solve this:

After the QW787 has been loaded in P3D and you have got the error message(s), turn on and off the custom switches in the middle row once, and then load the profile again (re-bind) in P3D. Now it binds properly and there are no error messages.

I'll keep looking into this to see if I can find a permanent fix. But it seems there is nothing I can do inside the profile to fix this. This is an issue with the dll that load Honeycomb loads into P3D.   

Something weird, I can't get it to work at full reverse, as well as variables missing as mentioned by Allan. Need a fix.

16 hours ago, C Schaffhausen said:

Something weird, I can't get it to work at full reverse, as well as variables missing as mentioned by Allan. Need a fix.

Regarding missing variables, please see my comments above for a workaround, there is nothing that I can do in the profile to remove the pop-ups, it needs to be addressed by Honeycomb (Configurator), I'll check the 'full reverse' scenario to see if I can replicate it. 

Also please remember I'm a community member that have spent tens of hours of my own personal time to create and share this profile with the community. so next time please add a 'please' to 'Need a fix'  

• Thanks 2

• Fixed the full reverse trust functionality for when the throttle levers are pushed down beyond the detent points (from idle reverse to full reverse)
  • Note: you may receive a few warning dialog boxes about missing variables when you load/bind this profile for the first time, it seems this issue is caused by the recent version of Honeycomb Configurator, a quick workaround is to turn on/off the middle row toggle switches once and then reload/rebind the profile, after doing this, all the 'missing variable' messages are gone and switches perform as mentioned in the tables above.    

I've got SP4 and the buttons on the Bravo Throttle aren't loaded. Was there any list of raw inputs, the kind you would put in the Variable of each control? Also, is there an update planned for the near future?

Thanks!

The speed works correctly however the speed increases in some of the other settings like course, heading and altitude?  The heading and Altitude work correctly but the speed  also changes in these positions.

Where can i find a list of the variables for all the buttons on the 787.  i want to change a few buttons around but i need the variables to do it.  other than that it works good.