Create an account or sign in to download this
1742 Downloads
4.7 From 3 reviews
47.91 kB File Size
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 Screenshot

About This File

My first attempt at creating a profile, as there currently isn't one available here I am sharing my work for those that can't be bothered.

This profile makes the Warning Panel lights come to life. All other assignments should be done through xplane menu. 

Feedback welcome, i'll update as i continue to improve upon this.

For which Simulator

X-Plane

What's New in Version 1.0.2   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are two files, which one should you use? Do you plan to make another one for the controls too? Thanks

• Like 1

Have you figured out how to set up the autopilot controls? I think the King Air uses different commands from default planes but I can't find them.

Thank you very much for this profile. All functions are working very well.

I made some changes for myself by creating new events for altitude and heading, which allow different "repeat activation" settings (the rotation of the heading bug, for example, is a bit too slow).

Also made a change for the CRS selector : you have mapped it to the GPS, but it is more useful to change the course in the HSI (to match the ILS heading) : the command is OBS_HSI or something like that.

Cheers.

I loaded your profile in configurator to see how you handled Master Caution and Warning Leds to see if I could figure out how you got the bravo to blink with the cockpit lights. I have another aircraft Carenado King Air B200 with the same flashing master warning and caution to see if I could get some insight how to implement this for the B200. I am confused about your conditions in the configurator for the Leds for the 350. They appear to be a custom name not an xplane dataref or condition. Could not find your condition in the 350 aircraft folder either. Please tell me how you did this and guide me Master!  Please. Thanks

Have you tested the right engine LEDs: ANC-ENG_FIRE, ANC-OIL, etc to ensure they actually turn on under the specified conditions?

The reason I ask is that there are variables such as KA350/ann/lOilPress and KA350/ann/rOilPress which appear to be separate variables for each engine (left and right respectively), not arrays.  Yet you provide an index 0 each time for the left engine and a 1 for the right engine in each case.  My guess is that these variables are not arrays and thus should have no index values.

Separate question: Where did you find the list of KA350/ann variables?  I can't find it.  Are these variables documented somewhere?  I did find an avionics-engine-on.json file, that might serve as a source for annunciator variable names but is not exactly what one needs.

On 9/2/2021 at 11:24 PM, cwjohan said:

Have you tested the right engine LEDs: ANC-ENG_FIRE, ANC-OIL, etc to ensure they actually turn on under the specified conditions?

One way to test if your array usage actually is working is to:
1.) Get both engines running, observe which LEDs are lit up.
2.) Shut down the right engine and see which LEDs are lit up.
3.) Shut down the left engine and see which LEDs are lit up.

If shutting down the right engine in step 2 results in no change in LEDs or incorrect changes.
I think, if it's working properly, step 2 will light up the relevant LEDs and in step 3 you will see no changes (because of the OR operators).

Has anyone recently tried this profile? it seems that the configurator JSON format changed, thus can't read this file anymore, I've been copy/pasting and could get most of the things to run except for LEDs.