2003 Downloads
0 From 0 reviews
22.26 MB File Size
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 Screenshots

About This File

Lufthansa in old (best) colors!

See the README-Install Instructions.txt file in the install folder for directions to manually install.

What's New in Version 1.0.2   See changelog

Released

See the README-Install Instructions.txt file in the install folder for directions to manually install.

New in this version:

Version 1.0.2

1. Adjusted the size and position of the Lufthansa font
  2. Added metallic effects to the cockpit window frame
  3. Adjusted the shadow channel to better view the gray bottom in various lighting conditions

Version 1.0.1

Added the ability to fly either the pre-2015 livery WITH the lufthansa.com on the tail, or replace with the included tail map to fly the post-2015 version.  See the included readme file for install instructions

Also modified the registration font for the post 2015 version to match the new Lufthansa registration font. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Since 2015, D-AIKL has had no "lufthansa.com" marking in the tail section anymore, as can be seen here. And the lettering of the registration looks a bit off, it's either a bit too bold or a bit too wide. But apart from this, this looks like an excellent livery. Thank you very much!

9 hours ago, FWAviation said:

Since 2015, D-AIKL has had no "lufthansa.com" marking in the tail section anymore, as can be seen here. And the lettering of the registration looks a bit off, it's either a bit too bold or a bit too wide. But apart from this, this looks like an excellent livery. Thank you very much!

Thanks for the feedback!
I actually added a new tail map with your suggested edits so simmers can fly the post or pre 2015 versions. ;)  (they changed the registration font as well after 2015...the D was fatter and the K was funky back then....could not perfectly replicate but did the best I could).

653555180_LHA330R5-update1.thumb.jpg.18a2982d877229e99d52374c4c76501d.jpg

• Like 1

On 16.12.2019 at 23:42, steve dra sagte:

Thanks for the feedback!
I actually added a new tail map with your suggested edits so simmers can fly the post or pre 2015 versions. ;)  (they changed the registration font as well after 2015...the D was fatter and the K was funky back then....could not perfectly replicate but did the best I could).

Thank YOU for your feedback, Steve! This looks truly amazing now!

I'm terribly sorry, @steve dra, that I'm still nagging about your livery - but I installed it meanwhile and had the impression that the grey belly of the plane is a bit too lightly-coloured. Depending on the lighting conditions in P3D, it can sometimes hardly be distinguished from the white upper parts of the fuselage. In other planes painted in the old Lufthansa livery, the grey belly appears considerably darker. And I also got the impression that the "Lufthansa" lettering on the fuselage is taller in real life - but maybe my eyes play are misleading me there. I hope you don't mind!

12 hours ago, FWAviation said:

I'm terribly sorry, @steve dra, that I'm still nagging about your livery - but I installed it meanwhile and had the impression that the grey belly of the plane is a bit too lightly-coloured. Depending on the lighting conditions in P3D, it can sometimes hardly be distinguished from the white upper parts of the fuselage. In other planes painted in the old Lufthansa livery, the grey belly appears considerably darker. And I also got the impression that the "Lufthansa" lettering on the fuselage is taller in real life - but maybe my eyes play are misleading me there. I hope you don't mind!

Valid observations but what you're actually seeing is a Lufthansa gray color that is even a little darker than the official gray....the real problem is with the shadow channel on the PBR-Metalllic texture map.

So as pics are worth a thousand words...

On the metallic texture map...the GREEN channel controls the amount of shadow intensity.....

6M2Itd.jpg

On the map above, you can see I applied a gradient fill on the left side of the bottom of the nose on the GREEN channel.....while there is a gradient on the other side...it is very slight....

Here is the effect on the plane in the sim.....

Right side has the change, the left side does not.....

CNx1nC.jpg

I did not alter the paint one bit.....this just shows you the power and flexibility we have with the new PBR textures!

So what I need to do to properly fix this issue is alter the GREEN channel of the PBR map.

The effect you see in the pic above is way too pronounced as the bottom is almost black at the apex of the bottom point as you can clearly see.

This will take time to correct (because I have 4 texture maps to sync this effect to...not just one)...and I'll have to eventually add it to all my paints.

If you set yourself up to follow to this page, you'll know when I make the update and post it.

No timeline for it...its a good bit of trial and error to get it looking just right.

Painting used to be fairly easy before PBR....you "painted" the shadows on the bottom and you were done....not any more...you're actually painting 2 whole planes when you have to edit the PBR maps as well as the Albeo maps.

Hehe...I guess if it were easy everyone would be painting. :)

Thank you for the interesting insights and your friendly answer, @steve dra! I'm crossing my fingers that you are able to fix this. Do you have any thoughts about the size of the "Lufthansa" lettering? The width of it seems right, but in this and this picture it seems as if the "L" is slightly higher than the rain gutter above door L1, while in your livery it seems to be smaller.