Message added by Tom,

These textures are for the FSX, FSX:SE & P3D V3 Airbuses. They do not work on the newer Airbus Professional Series for P3D v4 & v5.

Airbus A320 & A321 2048px HD Virtual Cockpit

Create an account or sign in to download this
24771 Downloads
4.5 From 20 reviews
29.89 MB File Size
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 33

4 Screenshots

About This File

This is my 2048px Virtual Cockpit for the Aerosoft Airbus A320 & A321.

Included are high resolution textures for the pedestal, overhead, FCU, fuses (both, overhead and the back side of the flight deck) and photorealistic buttons and switches made right from photos taken on the real deal.

Additional VAS usage is at around 100-150mb in Prepar3Dv3.3.

There is no noticable impact on the performance on my or any of the beta testers computers.

Painting this took me around 150 working hours plus the countless hours of all the people who helped me with a tremendous effort.

Special thanks go out to Holgi for helping me on some parts of the floor and backwall and Frank for taking all the pictures necessary to realise a job like this!

Without you guys this would not have been possible!

This is the 2048px version of this repaint, a 4096px version will follow soon!
You will hardly notice a difference though ;)

Due to the enormous effort that went into this (over a month full time work plus countless evenings fiddling around with files and the quirks of our beloved flight simulators) I would apprechiate if you could donate a few € or $ if you like the paint!

>>Please Donate if you like this<<

(Unfortunately only a German link is possible, however just enter the amount, click login to paypal and then you'll be redirection to your language for the rest of the process :))

------------------------------------------------------------

Installation Instructions (read this... really!)

------------------------------------------------------------

1. Backup the content of the folder [FSX/P3D mainfolder]\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base.
  2. Unzip the file into a temporary location.
  3. Paste the content of the folder A320A321 into [FSX/P3D mainfolder]\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base.
    Make sure the content of the three subfolders gets integrated and you should be asked to overwrite 39 files in total. Make sure to overwrite the old files, otherwise this paint will not show correctly.
  4. [Important] Delete all files including the word MAINPANEL in the texture.xxx [where xxx stands for the respective name of the livery] folders within the [FSX/P3D]\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A32x CFM/IAE folders.
    This is important since FSX will pick files from those folders over those from the fallback folders.
    [Important] Repeat this step each time you install a new livery since liveries come with their own MAINPANEL files, which however are in the default resolution. See the limitations below.
  5. Ensure the Texture_Max_Load in your FSX.cfg/Prepar3D.cfg is set to at least 2048, better 4096.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Known limitations

-------------------------------------------------------------

• The aircrafts registration will no longer show.
    This is unavoidable since the registration is saved in the mainpanel file which I had to alter. Thus you need to delete the mainpanel file in which the registration of the aircraft is saved.
    Please ask your repainter to supply you with a version of my mainpanel file including the registration of the aircraft.
    Painters are explicitly allowed to modify the mainpanel files supplied in this package to add the registration of the aircraft and upload them to this forums.
  • Only the dark night lighting version was possible.
    Do not use the Airbus Configurator to change between the bright and dark lighting options! These are not compatible with this repaint.

Final words:
I hope you will have as much fun flying with my repaint than I had painting it.

...you really read all the way down here here? Stop reading and go flying!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

4 hours ago, johnadmans said:

bad english [...] nobody caught on that for all that time?

lucky me, if nobody caught it for all this time my english can't be that bad...

10.000 downloads and not even 1% complains. The numbers speak for themselves.

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 hours ago, johnadmans said:

shame on AS for not putting the effort to release it with proper textures.

What is wrong with the x1024 textures of AS? 

You obviously do not understand that an airplane is not all about 4k textures but also to be able to run on standard FSX installations with all its VAS problems. 

And reading through previous comments would have saveed you from harsh comments in your post... 

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:30 AM, Tom A320 said:

What is wrong with the x1024 textures of AS? 

You obviously do not understand that an airplane is not all about 4k textures but also to be able to run on standard FSX installations with all its VAS problems. 

And reading through previous comments would have saveed you from harsh comments in your post... 

Please. Do you run 1080p? guess not. because things aren't legible. 4k and 2048 are completely different. I run a super loaded sim and have never ran out of memory.

No, that's being lazy from the texture artists. Then I suppose, this product is a few years old. Back then texturing was still stuck in the 90s. Everything new nowadays (that's worth it) is 2k+ and its pretty apparent when you look around. 

Your harsh comments will hurt my feelings deeply.  No really...

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:30 AM, Emanuel Hagen said:

lucky me, if nobody caught it for all this time my english can't be that bad...

10.000 downloads and not even 1% complains. The numbers speak for themselves.

Hey I was just looking at all the people who cant figure out how to install this because of the wrong word usage. You seem to get annoyed at them. I just pointed out why they can't figure it out.

Why would anyone complain? Its the usage of an English word that's wrong (and I seen a bunch of people getting confused by this, so I pointed it out, as a favor).  There is nothing to complain about with the actual textures. I bloody even complimented you on them. Stop being so emo.

Hi,

I would like to agree with Tom first that the SIM is not a sort of 4K movie only, but something completely different, made for getting at least basic knowledge in aviation. Hope it is clear also that such software, even falling into the category of payware cannot be perfect and bugs can be expected all the time.

Another thing can be so called the language issues mentioned several times already. Most of us should admit that we are not native English speaking and misusing the correct expressions can happen. I personally am working in an international environment for some time where the only way forward is the mutual tolerance and understanding that people are different and cannot be expected to be ideal in the foreign language.

Just of a matter of curiosity, I would like to ask the AS team, are the external lights of the plane part of the livery? I had noticed that the beacon lights on top and belly of the plane are working, but could not see the wing lights.

You have to EDIT the texture.xxx [where xxx stands for the respective name of the livery] and remove what is specified in the instructions.  Use Notepad to edit the files.

Best wishes.

Outstanding work my friend! I am absolutely in love with the way the cockpit looks now :)

Best of luck with your future works!

-Niko