KORS Orcas Island Airport

Create an account or sign in to download this
335 Downloads
4.8 From 4 reviews
72.95 MB File Size

6 Screenshots

About This File

Aerosoft is pleased to offer you, on behalf of Org developer "Aerospace" Orcas Island version 2.2.

And therefore .... welcome to my updated Orcas Island scenery. Aerospace thought I'd resurrect the old file, attempt to add an Orthophoto underneath and tweak some of the layout. I also added some OpensceneryX objects to help fill in some of the empty parts.

Orcas Island Airport (IATA: ESD, ICAO: KORS, FAA LID: ORS) is a public airport located 1 nautical mile (1.9 km; 1.2 mi) north of the central business district of Eastsound on Orcas Island in San Juan County, Washington, United States. Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned ORS by the FAA but has been assigned ESD from the IATA.

Orcas Island Airport covers an area of 64 acres (26 ha) which contains one asphalt paved runway (16/34) measuring 2,900 x 60 ft (884 x 18 m). For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2005, the airport had 61,600 aircraft operations, an average of 168 per day: 69% general aviation, 20% air taxi and 11% scheduled commercial. There are 75 aircraft based at this airport: 96% single engine and 4% multi-engine.

Just unzip into your X-Plane/Custom Scenery/ folder and enjoy!

Note:

There are night texture included for the ground, but I can't get them to show up on my system. Might be a 10.30 thing, but if I messed something up, then I'll upload a fix once I figure it out. Since it is tested in X-Plane 10.30. Not sure if it will work on earlier versions.

What's New in Version 2.2:

- Chris K fixed the night lighting on the .pol files

- Added a Grass DECAL to enhance the close-up details

- Added .dds files for the orthophotos (thanks again to Chris K)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use