The plane starts all broken

Couple of issues, just installed the add-on

1) When I load the plane it shows the message "Aerosoft Sound system could not be initialized"

2) When the aircraft appears, the automatic checks show all ok except: "Systems: Error"

3) Once in the airplane, everything is broken (i.e propeller, battery, etc)

tried the reset file but says "Data not found" :(

Also, I have to change the "Settings" every time I start the flight, it does not save my preferences

What's going on?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Couple of issues, just installed the add-on

1) When I load the plane it shows the message "Aerosoft Sound system could not be initialized"

2) When the aircraft appears, the automatic checks show all ok except: "Systems: Error"

3) Once in the airplane, everything is broken (i.e propeller, battery, etc)

tried the reset file but says "Data not found" :(

Also, I have to change the "Settings" every time I start the flight, it does not save my preferences

What's going on?

Uninstall it and reinstall it as Administrator.

Uninstall it and reinstall it as Administrator.

Same story, uninstall it and installed it again (btw: you can't install anything if you are not running the installer as an admin so I wasn't expecting any difference)

I can only fly if I select INSTRUCTOR or SIMPLE, the REALISTIC option just damages all the plane.

Same story, uninstall it and installed it again (btw: you can't install anything if you are not running the installer as an admin so I wasn't expecting any difference)

I can only fly if I select INSTRUCTOR or SIMPLE, the REALISTIC option just damages all the plane.

Clearly a permissions issue. Look to disable UAC. Also, do NOT load the sim with the Katana. Load it with a default aircraft then, when the sim has stabilised switch to the Katana, and save that Katana-specific startup from there.

Also check you have set the sim up EXACTLY according to the instructions in the manual.

Clearly a permissions issue. Look to disable UAC. Also, do NOT load the sim with the Katana. Load it with a default aircraft then, when the sim has stabilised switch to the Katana, and save that Katana-specific startup from there.

Also check you have set the sim up EXACTLY according to the instructions in the manual.

I have disabled UAC to prove that is not a permissions issue. I am running full admin, no UAC, uninstalled everything, even removed all the entries on fsx.cfg that the uninstaller forgets.

Installed again, the aerosoft launcher shows it, everything normal there, I can see the manual (which only talk about configuring visual aspects settings). The only thing is that shows is Activation: Undefined, but the activate button is disabled. I can also see the RESET option, if I click it, starts a mini app, both options complain that there is no Data files so nothing happens there.

Start FS, with other default config (not using Katana), starts up ok. This process is very fast as I have SS drives.

Now, I select the Katana (G-BXMZ), a security warning appears to accept ASC.DLL, I click Run, then comes the FSX question to run ASC, I say Yes.

Then thinks, after 30 seconds appears a dialog box "Aerosoft Sound System could not be initialez", I click OK

Now another security warning, for loadsave.GAU, I press RUN, followed by the FSX one, I say YES

Same story for paload.GAU

The plane appears, but static, FSX thinks for nearly a 30 seconds and then starts rotating the plane

I press Fly now, the plane appears. There is a 4X little screen that seems to check everything, the last item SYSTEMS: Error

I can already see the plane with the propeler broken (screen 1 attached)

Shift 3, maintanance -> service -> Inspection, everything broken (screen 2)

I can only start the plane if I choose SIMPLE or INSTRUCTOR that seems to remove all the faults.

Do you have a way to log what is happening? How can I help you?

post-43577-0-66578700-1308486670.jpg

post-43577-0-75013500-1308486677.jpg

If parts of the application can not be initialised, you DO have a permissions issue. Res Ipsa Loqitur.

However, now that you have created a logging file via the installation and loading, with the aircraft now installed you should now be able to use the Reset tool to re-set everything to initial settings.

Try that, and tell us where FSX is installed. If it's in the default selection that may well be an issue - as has been explained numerous times in this and other forums, it is NOT recommended to install FSX to the standard default folder because of the permissions issues it creates.

If parts of the application can not be initialised, you DO have a permissions issue. Res Ipsa Loqitur.

However, now that you have created a logging file via the installation and loading, with the aircraft now installed you should now be able to use the Reset tool to re-set everything to initial settings.

Try that, and tell us where FSX is installed. If it's in the default selection that may well be an issue - as has been explained numerous times in this and other forums, it is NOT recommended to install FSX to the standard default folder because of the permissions issues it creates.

And this makes a massive diffrence.Well with Win7 it does anyway.

Regardless if you have no UAC or not, the defualt location for FSX is c:\Program Files. <-- theres your problem.. program file..As the core system information is held within these files, windows will not allow write to file, only read.So when you try and save something it needs to write to that file, whitch is in program files, where windows dont allow write.

I ended up reinstalling everything to c:\FSX. and have had no problems since.

Hi 0 Salvador 0

I do have my FSX installation in the default path, and running on a Win 7 Pro computer, and have had so for a long time without issues.

I have thought found out that it's very important to install addons by right clicking the install file and choose "Run as administrator".

To circumvent the UAC so do I also always run FSX, as well as all other installed addons with exe files, as an admin - please give that a try and see if this might help you out. - test to right click the FSX icon and choose "Run as administrator"

I know that this might look the same as turning UAC of but never the less by doing it in this way have I no problems with my FSX.

If this works can you alter your start icon so FSX is always run with admin previliges by right click the icon, choose properties , navigate to the compability tab and check "Run this program as administrator"

Good luck

Gerth

post-20756-0-49646200-1308544171.jpg