Released: Us Cities X - San Francisco

Shaun Fletcher

Just a few weeks ago we were showing you Indianapolis and how much detail you can get in one

scenery on a shoestring. Today we extend our series with one of the world's most fascinating cities:

San Francisco! Take the Beaver for a tourist's favourite: A sightseeing flight from Sausalito's seaplane

base over the Bay area, Golden Gate, Alcatraz, Twin Peaks, Frisco Downtown and more! Not enough?

Take off from one of the two helipads within the city, feel and hear its vibration, see well-known

locations from innumerable movie shots here and end your day with a touchdown on a ship's helipad.

Product Page

sanfrancisco_23.jpg

sanfrancisco_3.jpg

sanfrancisco_18.jpg

sanfrancisco_13.jpg

sanfrancisco_22.jpg

sanfrancisco_7.jpg

Its nice, but wish the phototextures extended at least all the way to the KSFO Airport.

I have Mega Earth for the entire state of California which is pretty good for the most part. But some of the cities like Sacramanto and San Francisco is pathetic. ITs worse than FS9 low resolution textires. Its just bleached white. And it look ugly next to the textures from this city scenery.

Wish someone would do the San Francisco area in high resolution.

Manny

Hi Manny,

Just have a look at the manual. I mentioned 2 third party products there that cover the SFO Bay area with aerial images but no 3D objects and merge quite well with our scenery. Anyway I hope you are still satisfied with the value for money you get with US Cities.

Bests,

Sascha

i bought us cities SF yesterday and installed but when i fly i noticed that coit tower is duplicated as well as the sutro radio tower. i checked my scenery database and us cities is at the top. how can i fix this problem. ic case this is why, i also run GEX USA and UTX

i also run GEX USA and UTX

That´ll be the problem because the excludes I inserted in SFO only exclude all default objects if they are at their default locations. UTX seems to have shifted their locations so that my excludes don´t work. But that´s no problem: I will upload another exclude file by tomorrow that will fix your problem.

Bests,

Sascha

As long as you are fixing dups, here's some I think that might be dups.

Picture 4 looks like it has 2 dups. I'm not sure about picture 5, it kind of looks like a dup, then it might not be.

Thanks..........Jerry Fielden

post-23800-1242584272_thumb.jpgpost-23800-1242584188_thumb.jpgpost-23800-1242584314_thumb.jpgpost-23800-1242584372_thumb.jpgpost-23800-1242584415_thumb.jpg

That´ll be the problem because the excludes I inserted in SFO only exclude all default objects if they are at their default locations. UTX seems to have shifted their locations so that my excludes don´t work. But that´s no problem: I will upload another exclude file by tomorrow that will fix your problem.

Bests,

Sascha

As long as you are fixing dups, here's some I think that might be dups.

Picture 4 looks like it has 2 dups. I'm not sure about picture 5, it kind of looks like a dup, then it might not be.

Thanks..........Jerry Fielden

post-23800-1242584272_thumb.jpgpost-23800-1242584188_thumb.jpgpost-23800-1242584314_thumb.jpgpost-23800-1242584372_thumb.jpgpost-23800-1242584415_thumb.jpg

I am having the same problem with the Coit Tower I'm not sure about the others you pictured but it might also be true

I would like to know how to get the exclude file(s) . Will it be on this forum or in the updates section? I am also using MegasceneryEarthX California Area 9 which includes the city of San Francisco. I have layered us Cities on top of this and it seems to be fine. It adds photoscenery coverage to the rest of San Francisco not covered by your software.

Thanks Dave

Ok, attached is the new Exclude file I promised. To see it you need to be logged in. This file should remove all dups between UTX and US Cities - SFO.

Installation

CloseFSX.

Unpack file to the folder FSX\Aerosoft\USCitiesX-SanFrancisco\Scenery\ and overwrite the existing file.

Restart FSX.

That's it! :)

Please let me know if this file works for you and I will have it added to the main download so that new customers won't have the same problem with UTX.

Bests,

Sascha

SanFrancisco_excl.zip

Ok, attached is the new Exclude file I promised. To see it you need to be logged in. This file should remove all dups between UTX and US Cities - SFO.

Installation

CloseFSX.

Unpack file to the folder FSX\Aerosoft\USCitiesX-SanFrancisco\Scenery\ and overwrite the existing file.

Restart FSX.

That's it! :)

Please let me know if this file works for you and I will have it added to the main download so that new customers won't have the same problem with UTX.

Bests,

Sascha

Seems to be working for me.

To whom it may concern,

My machine specs are Processor: Intel Core2 Extreme Quad X9650, Display is Nvidia Geforce GTX 280 with 1 GB memory and my RAM is 4 GB total. Vista Utimate 32 bit SP1

I can not make this scenery work at all without running out of memory. I have just about every add on in the book but for some reason this scenery just will not work for me. Start up but very poor FPS then the crash to Desktop. I have tried new and old Nvida drivers but the effect is the same. Without this scenery I usually get depending on the aircraft and scenery with sliders not quite maxed out from 25 to 75 FPS.

Any ideas and thanks, Tom Stovall

Hello Tom,

Can you try the Virtual Memory Fix that is on this forum thread here.

Will do Shaun, back home and will give it a try. This is the first time I have had any trouble at all. I have seen others with different sceneries and aircraft but I guess I have been lucky. More to come once I try the fix.

Tom

Did you read the manual chapters about settings and out of memory/blurry textures?

Where is your scenery complexity slider set at?

Bests,

Sascha

Did you read the manual chapters about settings and out of memory/blurry textures?

Where is your scenery complexity slider set at?

Bests,

Sascha

Sascha, I read the manual not just once but about 5 times when I started having problems. I paid close attention to the following:

"Because of the extremely high complexity of this scenery it can happen that weaker systems have to

struggle with system overloads resulting in blurry textures and a non-readable FSX menu bar and

ATC. This usually happens with 256MB video cards, which is the reason why we recommend a

minimum of 512MB memory on your video card (see system requirements). Although we haven’t

had any reports of problems with 512MB video cards some people may still encounter problems with

budget video cards or the like."

Because my Nvidia GTX 280 with 1 GB of memory (Cost about $650) is only 8 months old and seems to be right up there in specs I was perplexed as to why this is happening. Also the fact that I get a good 30 -35 steady FPS over Los Angeles and more over San Francisco had me stumped. Over an area of the Solomon Island with the new PBY I get at time 135 FPS while looking at some fairly complex scenery I have set up there. Again, this is the first issue I have ever had.

My scenery complexity setting is about 2/3 slider right, well below max and the Autogen complexity is set to just below half.

Shaun had me use the tweek that boosts the amount of memory that FSX uses (bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA ) from the command prompt. This seems to have corrected the CTD's but still very slow at times over the city. FPS vary from 8 to 25. I can fly the scenery with some studders but it is very nice work and I can live with that. Actually I have no choice.

Thanks for creating a really nice scenery of a place I visit quite often from northern California.

Regards, Tom