Welcome dear guest,

We like to ask you to log-in or to create an account if you don't have an account. Being a member of this forum allows you to post messages and gives you access to the free downloads. It is by far the fastest way to get any support for the many products we sell. Creating an account is fast and easy, certainly if you already have a Twitter or Facebook account. Do note we take your privacy very serious and will never allow any other company to access your information.

Wir bitten Sie, sich mit Ihren Log-in Daten im Forum anzumelden oder sich einen neuen Account anzulegen falls Sie noch über keinen verfügen. Als Mitglied des Forums können Sie Ihre Mitteilungen an andere Mitglieder oder an uns posten und Sie erhalten Zugriff auf kostenlose Downloads. Außerdem ist die Nutzung unseres Forums bei weitem der schnellste Weg um Support für die vielen Produkte zu bekommen, die wir verkaufen. Einen Account zu erstellen geht einfach und schnell, vor allem wenn Sie bereits bei Twitter oder Facebook registriert sind. Sie können sicher sein, dass wir die Privatsphäre unserer Mitglieder schätzen und schützen. Es wird keiner weiteren Firma gestattet Einsicht in Ihre Daten zu nehmen.]

Nos gustaría pedirle que accediese a su cuenta, si la tiene, o que cree una cuenta, si es que no la tiene. Pertenecer a este foro le permite colocar mensajes y le da acceso a las descargas gratuitas. Es con mucho la forma mas rápida de obtener cualquier tipo de soporte para la multitud de productos que comercializamos. Crear una cuenta es rápido y fácil, y  lo es mas si tiene una cuenta en Twitter o en Facebook. Considere además que nos tomamos su privacidad muy en serio y que nunca permitiremos a ninguna otra compañía que tenga acceso a su información.

Gostaríamos solicitar que acesse a sua conta, se você já tem uma ou que crie una nova. Pertencer a este foro permite que você possa postar e permite usar as nossas descargas gratuitas. É a forma mais rápida de ter suporte nos muitos produtos que vendemos- Criar uma conta é rápido e fácil, mais ainda se você tem conta no Twitter ou no Facebook. Acrescentar que nos levamos muito a serio a sua privacidade, e que jamais vamos permitir o acesso aos seus dados a outras companhias.

Nous vous demandons de vous identifier ou créer un compte si vous n'avez pas encore de compte. Etre membre de ce forum vous permet de poster des messages et vous donne accès à des téléchargements gratuits. C'est le moyen le plus rapide pour obtenir un support pour les nombreux produits que nous vendons. Créer un compte est rapide et facile, surtout si vous avez déjà un compte Twitter ou Facebook. Ne noter que nous prenons votre vie privée très au sérieux et ne permettrons jamais à une autre société pour accéder à vos informations.
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo

Tahiti X

• Locked Topic This topic is closed
69 replies to this topic

#1 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Forum Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 27045 Posts:

Posted 12 August 2008 - 16:29

Tahiti.... for me that name brings memories, very fond memories of a short stay a few years ago. Having traveled for almost a decade professionally I think I am entitled to say it is about as close to paradise as a place on earth can be. So... we need it in FSX. And we shall have it this fall. (sorry again no FS2004 version, just makes no sense for projects like this).

Check out these images from paradise...

On behalf of Aerosoft and with kind regards, Mathijs Kok
Aerosoft_LOGO.gif
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
Please note that support is not done via Private Messages. If you prefer support via email click here.

Please excuse me for writing English in German forums, I do read and speak the language but when I write it people tend to look funny at me.

GATC.png

#2 roeibar

roeibar

Private

• _Members
  • 2 Posts:

Posted 12 August 2008 - 16:41

Excellent idea! how long will a flight be from there to Fly Tampa Caribbean scenery?

#3 Rafal Haczek

Rafal Haczek

cruelty free

• Assistant Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2518 Posts:

Posted 12 August 2008 - 16:46

Mathijs,
Is there going to be a detailed rendition of the Papeete Faa Intl airport included in the project?

One remark though. The screenshots look great as usual, of course.
However my associations with Polynesia landscapes are intensive green lush forests and dark blue waters.
Something like that:

But I guess the screens are not the last word on Tahiti from Aerosoft. wink.gif
Or maybe it's the question of my perception.
Just curious...

Anyway congratulations on another extremely exciting project!

Best regards,
Rafal

Rafal Haczek

i5 2500k 3.3 GHz @ 4.0, GTX 560Ti 1GB, Z68, 8 GB RAM, WD Caviar 500 GB 7200 rpm, Corsair HX750W PSU,
Cooler Master Elite 430 case, Samsung P2370 WS 23", LG W1943SS 19", Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, FSX

testwhitetext_zps2feed678.png

#4 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 27045 Posts:

Posted 12 August 2008 - 17:08

Well how colors are shown always depends a lot on the GPU and driver, so the same images could look different on your system. But also keep in mind that photographs made in conditions with direct sunlight tend to saturate colors. Personally I find the colors on the screen shots close to my recollection. The high humidity in the air makes anything more then a few miles out gray and lacking of color. Photographers don't like that so the images in magazine and travel folders never show that effect.

Papeete will be included.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif
Please note that support is not done via Private Messages. If you prefer support via email click here.

Please excuse me for writing English in German forums, I do read and speak the language but when I write it people tend to look funny at me.

GATC.png

#5 harpsi

harpsi

Colonel

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 Posts:

Posted 12 August 2008 - 18:43

QUOTE (Mathijs Kok (Aerosoft) @ Aug 12 2008, 17:08 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well how colors are shown always depends a lot on the GPU and driver, so the same images could look different on your system. But also keep in mind that photographs made in conditions with direct sunlight tend to saturate colors. Personally I find the colors on the screen shots close to my recollection. The high humidity in the air makes anything more then a few miles out gray and lacking of color. Photographers don't like that so the images in magazine and travel folders never show that effect.

But the airport of the first screen looks like default...

harpsi

#6 warbird861

warbird861

Brigadier

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 Posts:

Posted 12 August 2008 - 19:43

QUOTE (harpsi @ Aug 12 2008, 21:43 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But the airport of the first screen looks like default...

harpsi

It's work in progress...
1. When you are served a meal aboard an aircraft, the aircraft will encounter turbulence.
2. The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee.

Valtteri Isola aka warbird861
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#7 JamesChams

JamesChams

General

• _Members without voting rights
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1301 Posts:

Posted 13 August 2008 - 00:27

QUOTE (Mathijs Kok (Aerosoft) @ Aug 12 2008, 13:08 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you... I was looking for an Island get away in FSX. laugh.gif

Can't wait to see it with FEX-SHD or the upcoming Real Environment Xtreme. cool.gif
Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

Christos
Posted Image
FSX: Acceleration | D-TH2GO @3840x1024 | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate | MB: ASUS Striker II Extreme NVidia 790i SLI | CPU: Intel Extreme Quad-Core2 QX6850 3.00GHz |
Mem: 8GB RAM | Vid: (x3) 295GTX H2OC in Quad-SLI / (x1) PCI-ATI | Drv: RAID (x6 300GB) VelociRaptor, WD 2TB, 1TB, & 750GB, DVD/CDRW Burner & 1.44MB Floppy |

#8 Agade

Agade

Captain

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 Posts:

Posted 13 August 2008 - 00:35

.... I shall call work next month and ask them to make my paycheck out to 'Aerosoft' instead, I think tongue.gif.

This looks gorgeous ... It'll be nice to have another island scenery like the St Maarten ones.

#9 Jan-Reidar

Jan-Reidar

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 Posts:

Posted 13 August 2008 - 19:29

Let me know as soon as this product is released. I'm gonna buy it right away! I've been looking for a scenery of Tahiti for ages, without luck. Thank you Aerosoft! smile.gif

#10 mopperle

mopperle

Field Marshal

• Assistant Moderators
  • 8844 Posts:

Posted 13 August 2008 - 19:41

QUOTE (roeibar @ Aug 12 2008, 17:41 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Excellent idea! how long will a flight be from there to Fly Tampa Caribbean scenery?

hmmm... distance is about 6350 miles, so with what aircraft would you like to fly this distance? wink.gif

Otto

Gruß/Regards,
Otto

Kein Support via PM/No support via PM

electric-lightning-banner.jpg

#11 Juergen_LOWW

Juergen_LOWW

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 Posts:

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:33

Wow GREAT tongue.gif

Do you already know wich area wil be covered ? Which islands and atolls wil be part of this package ?
Grüße

Juergen

*** Friendly Flusi (http://www.friendlyflusi.at) ***

#12 macroth72

macroth72

Brigadier

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 Posts:

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:58

Hey Mathijs,
this REALLY looks like paradise, exactly what I need after work! I can't await!
Gruß / regards

Kai

#13 Bene0402

Bene0402

Captain

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 Posts:

Posted 14 August 2008 - 15:32

QUOTE (Juergen_LOWW @ Aug 14 2008, 10:33 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow GREAT tongue.gif

Do you already know wich area wil be covered ? Which islands and atolls wil be part of this package ?

All 14 society island will be covered. This means Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, Maupiti, Huahine, Tahaa, Raiatea, Tetiaroa, Tupai, Maiao, Mehetia, Motu One, Manuae and Maupihaa.
Developer Tahiti X

#14 JamesChams

JamesChams

General

• 1301 Posts:

Posted 14 August 2008 - 15:43

QUOTE (Bene0402 @ Aug 14 2008, 11:32 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All 14 society island will be covered. This means Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, Maupiti, Huahine, Tahaa, Raiatea, Tetiaroa, Tupai, Maiao, Mehetia, Motu One, Manuae and Maupihaa.

In that case, I'm definitly purchasing it... Only, please, Develop/Beta test it in FSX Acceleration & SP2 in DX10 preview throughly before it is released. Thank you! wink.gif
Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

Christos
Posted Image
FSX: Acceleration | D-TH2GO @3840x1024 | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate | MB: ASUS Striker II Extreme NVidia 790i SLI | CPU: Intel Extreme Quad-Core2 QX6850 3.00GHz |
Mem: 8GB RAM | Vid: (x3) 295GTX H2OC in Quad-SLI / (x1) PCI-ATI | Drv: RAID (x6 300GB) VelociRaptor, WD 2TB, 1TB, & 750GB, DVD/CDRW Burner & 1.44MB Floppy |

#15 Mithrin

Mithrin

Colonel

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 Posts:

Posted 14 August 2008 - 18:27

Now that's good news. Gives us some scenery to explore. Looks very good already!
Cheers,
Erik

#16 Private-Cowboy

Private-Cowboy

Colonel

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 Posts:

Posted 14 August 2008 - 21:05

Are you doing the airports too? The one in the first shots looks pretty much FSX standard.

#17 solareagle

solareagle

Captain

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 55 Posts:

Posted 14 August 2008 - 21:11

QUOTE (VORJAB @ Aug 12 2008, 17:46 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
However my associations with Polynesia landscapes are intensive green lush forests and dark blue waters.
Something like that:

Keep in mind those photo's, mainly the second one, are not really accurate depictions of reality as they were taken with a polarizing filter which is going to artificially deepen the blues and brighten the vegitation greens, and especially on that second one some high contrast overly saturated film was used, or it was digitaly edited.

#18 intrepid

intrepid

Colonel

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 Posts:

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:00

QUOTE (solareagle @ Aug 14 2008, 23:11 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keep in mind those photo's, mainly the second one, are not really accurate depictions of reality as they were taken with a polarizing filter which is going to artificially deepen the blues and brighten the vegitation greens, and especially on that second one some high contrast overly saturated film was used, or it was digitaly edited.

Still looks like ,,,Pure Heaven to me biggrin.gif
Randy

#19 Juergen_LOWW

Juergen_LOWW

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 Posts:

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:16

QUOTE (Bene0402 @ Aug 14 2008, 16:32 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for this information.

Absolutely fabulous ohmy.gif
Grüße

Juergen

#20 Bene0402

Bene0402

Captain

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 Posts:

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:35

QUOTE (Private-Cowboy @ Aug 14 2008, 22:05 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you doing the airports too? The one in the first shots looks pretty much FSX standard.

Yes, the airports are done, too.

http://reiffer.de/fl...al_Version).jpg
Developer Tahiti X

#21 ChrisB

ChrisB

Dances with paintbrushes

• _Members
  • 3368 Posts:

Posted 16 August 2008 - 17:56

I'll be buying for sure! Good taster screenshots!
Chris Brisland - Skype "Eagleskinner" - a.k.a. "Dances with paintbrushes", aka EagleSkinner

Posted Image

All new "EagleSkinnher" repaints can be found on my homepage - eagleskinner dot com

"Think inside the box"

#22 MZBS

MZBS

Captain

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 Posts:

Posted 17 August 2008 - 04:54

QUOTE (roeibar @ Aug 12 2008, 18:41 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi. 6681 nautical miles :-P In time? Depends if you fly with a Concord or with a Cessna :-P

NTAA DCT ORARE G575 FICKY C1177 MALIT C1156 MZB J18 GBN J50 ALIBY J2 ELP J86 FIGMO J2 FST J86 KEMPL J2 JCT J86 LEV Q100 SRQ J58 RSW J75 KUBIC J58 OHOFO J75 DHP BR49V TINKY B646 NICKO BR49V ZQA A555 IDAHO RTE6 STT B520 JUICE DCT TNCM
Miguel Zafra.
http://www.fs-blog.com
http://www.aireuropava.com
http://www.airlinesadmin.net
Aerosoft Beta-Tester

#23 foreigndevil

foreigndevil

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 Posts:

Posted 17 August 2008 - 13:33

It will be great to have paradise in FSX! smile.gif

#24 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 27045 Posts:

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:07

More images, getting close to release... Bring your snorkel...

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

GATC.png

#25 Agade

Agade

Captain

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 83 Posts:

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:48

Nice Shots! Particularly like the Huts in 2 and the sandy strip in 6 ... I'm going to have to put my other flying on standby for a serious tour around the islands when this comes out smile.gif.

#26 warbird861

warbird861

Brigadier

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 Posts:

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:17

QUOTE (Mathijs Kok (Aerosoft) @ Aug 18 2008, 11:07 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
More images, getting close to release... Bring your snorkel...

um, question(s)! What means 'getting close to release'?  I mean, your still recruiting beta-testers, right? So how much time is reserved for beta testing?
1. When you are served a meal aboard an aircraft, the aircraft will encounter turbulence.
2. The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee.

#27 Mathijs Kok

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin
  • 27045 Posts:

Posted 18 August 2008 - 13:04

QUOTE (Valtteri Isola @ Aug 18 2008, 13:17 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
um, question(s)! What means 'getting close to release'?  I mean, your still recruiting beta-testers, right? So how much time is reserved for beta testing?

Two weeks at least... beta will start in about a week.

Aerosoft_LOGO.gif

GATC.png

#28 James A

James A

General

• _Members
  • 1745 Posts:

Posted 18 August 2008 - 15:18

QUOTE (Mathijs Kok (Aerosoft) @ Aug 18 2008, 14:04 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Someone has forgotten to put in the Helicopter Hanger, Northern edge of Helipad smile.gif

NTAA_Tahiti_FAA__A.JPG
Regards,

James (hawkwind) Anderson
4nm SE EGHH

Posted Image

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return – Leonardo da Vinci.

#29 warbird861

warbird861

Brigadier

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 Posts:

Posted 18 August 2008 - 15:20

QUOTE (Mathijs Kok (Aerosoft) @ Aug 18 2008, 15:04 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, I was afraid not enough time is scheduled for beta.

#30 harpsi

harpsi

Colonel

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 Posts:

Posted 18 August 2008 - 20:58

Hi

Just 2 or 3 weeks before release? But Papeete Faa looks almost default from the air...

harpsi

#31 Ciderman

Ciderman

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 Posts:

Posted 18 August 2008 - 23:25

QUOTE (harpsi @ Aug 18 2008, 22:58 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi

Just 2 or 3 weeks before release? But Papeete Faa looks almost default from the air...

harpsi

Perhaps you should have your glasses checked. laugh.gif I have the beta version on my computer and I can say that Tahiti X makes much of a difference:

Up to date some of the airports have been enhanced with new ground textures (such as Bora Bora). In addition all airport buildings have been rebuilt from scratch. However, the taxiway and runway layout has not been altered and will not be changed AFAIK. You cannot expect the same detail that you might be used to from single airport packages. Tahiti X is much more complex and the airports are only one part of it. Rather think of it as a scenery for exploration and VFR flying.

#32 harpsi

harpsi

Colonel

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 Posts:

Posted 19 August 2008 - 00:26

QUOTE (Ciderman @ Aug 18 2008, 23:25 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps you should have your glasses checked. laugh.gif I have the beta version on my computer and I can say that Tahiti X makes much of a difference:

Up to date some of the airports have been enhanced with new ground textures (such as Bora Bora). In addition all airport buildings have been rebuilt from scratch. However, the taxiway and runway layout has not been altered and will not be changed AFAIK. You cannot expect the same detail that you might be used to from single airport packages. Tahiti X is much more complex and the airports are only one part of it. Rather think of it as a scenery for exploration and VFR flying.

Sorry, Papeete Faa is an international airport. I would buy the package if this one at least would have the same detail as LPPT, EDDF or EDDP for example. Like this, I am not sure. ANd by the way I just fly airliners, not VFR tongue.gif What I see is a different see and not so much more. If I want to fly airbus 320 or 340, I don´t think a lot of beautiful textures about the sea is the most important thing in the package, but well, that´s just my opinion. wink.gif

harpsi

#33 MCDesigns

MCDesigns

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 Posts:

Posted 19 August 2008 - 00:27

QUOTE (Ciderman @ Aug 18 2008, 23:25 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks great, can't wait! I have my private yacht standing by! tongue.gif

#34 Sasa

Sasa

Field Marshal

• _Members
  • 6174 Posts:

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:07

QUOTE (harpsi @ Aug 19 2008, 02:26 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would buy the package if this one at least would have the same detail as LPPT, EDDF or EDDP for example.

One thing at a time. You can't expect Papeete being detailed as EDDF and pay almost the same price for a complete scenery of much more than just one airport.

Bests,
Sascha

LimeSim Developer
Antarctica X, Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg, FTX British Isles, VFR Germany, German Airfields, HelgolandX, LuklaX, US Cities X, Dutch Airports

Product support is only done on this forum, normally not by email.
Sales support and Installation Support can be sent to https://aerosoft.zen...us_requests/new

#35 Jan-Reidar

Jan-Reidar

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 Posts:

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:48

Man, this is unbelivable! Really looking forward to this release! smile.gif

#36 MCDesigns

MCDesigns

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 Posts:

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:55

I was excited about this release, but I just stumbled on some vacation images of the area online and it really got me going!

http://picasaweb.goo...enchPolynesia02

I really hope you guys do this justice, it has so much potential for lots of small details, the small airports, the bungalows, beaches, I really hope you guys spend some time on this one and bring out some of the FSX only features.

#37 JamesChams

JamesChams

General

• 1301 Posts:

Posted 21 August 2008 - 17:04

Looks really nice Mathijs!

Count me in on this one too. biggrin.gif
Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

Christos
Posted Image

#38 Sascha Matouschek

Sascha Matouschek

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 Posts:

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:01

Mhh, i dont like the colors. they have no saturation. everything is grey, thats not Tahiti.

I would be happy if it could look like this:

#39 Juergen_LOWW

Juergen_LOWW

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 Posts:

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:15

I for myself can´t wait for the first impressons of Tahiti in combination with Flight Environments Water and SHD-Clouds, mixed by ActiveSky-X wink.gif
Grüße

Juergen

#40 Ciderman

Ciderman

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 Posts:

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:00

QUOTE (Sascha Matouschek @ Aug 22 2008, 09:01 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mhh, i dont like the colors. they have no saturation. everything is grey, thats not Tahiti.

No, it's Bora Bora. tongue.gif

Sascha, it's actually a common misconception that the Society Islands looks so bright and greenish. Most of the postcard photos are highly oversaturated as Mathijs pointed out earlier. Of course it also depends on the lighting conditions but to provide you with a different perspective here are two wikimedia shots:

You see the colours are quite different from your rendition.

0 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users