Turbulence Issue

Frank12P

Dear Team

my buses A318-321 behave uncontrollable in turbulences. Strong shaking and extreme fluctuate / fidget, make the flight is not feasible.

Is there a solution for this? SP3 and 3f are installed. Even a new installation brought unfortunately nothing.

System please see signature. I've been using ASN and the common Aerosoft Airports UTX Europe Rex Clouds and Navigraph Database.

Thank you for your help,

Greeting Frank

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Frank,

please let us handle your problem in just one topic. You have already an answer in your other topic ;)

Which topic (the German or the English one) do you want to continue?

Hello Frank,

Which topic (the German or the English one) do you want to continue?

I thought so it reaches more users, sorry. English or german...what´s better for you and Aerosoft Support... :D

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Frank,

personally I would prefer this English one, as it reaches a larger audience.

So, you said, that you have 35-45 frames. Do you have them as well in the exact moments, when the bus flies into ASN injected turbulences? 

What sim are you using (FSX, FSX:SE, P3D v2, P3D v3) and what ASN version?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I would assume, that the ASN incjected turbulences are simply too strong for the bus, i.e. it's AP. In RL the AP disengage if the turbulences are getting to strong. Not so in the AS bus, it stays engaged. So you either manually switch the AP off or reconfigure ASN a little bit.

The default for the "Turbulance effect scale" in ASN is 70. Please try lowering it to 30.

If that doesn't help a video of such a situation would be helpful.

Frank,

Thanks for the hyperlink posted in the other topic.

I will test it aswell and will report the results in this topic, since i was frustrated i started flying the PMDG again so i will test it later.

Roy 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Roy,

yes, please report your findings here as well. With a turbulance effect scale of 30 it should work just fine.

Gentleman,

Just for your information:

i5 2.8 Ghz

Nvidea 1Ghz

8Gb RAM

Default Bus around 40 Frames, aerosoft bus on the ground around 25 to 30 Frames, mid air around 20 frames and getting lower the longer the flight will be.

Frame limiter: Unlimited

I will test the bus tomorrow and post the findings here

Roy

Gentlemen,

So far it seems to help, i tested it from EHAM to LFPG with nasty weather in daytime and night time and REX/FS2Crew

Currently just took of for a 4 hour flight to test it with longer legs and ofcourse......i will post the results here

Regards 

Roy

Frank,

I use ASN and on Tom's recommendation above I checked turbulence level and it was 30 but still giving me problems similar to yours at various flight levels, even when I dropped it to 20. It does not happen in every flight, but annoying when it does occur.

Frank, 

Yes i do use ASN, with the longer flights i still have problems, the longer the flight the less frames i get. Sadly enough, something what Aerosoft doesn't say before buying the product, you need to have atleast 18 FPS otherwise the fly by wire system doesn't work, this can cause the bus to behave like it does with our busses. Strange cause i own a lot of different planes from different developers and non of them are putting my FPS below 20, something what does happen with the bus from Aerosoft. I hope Aerosoft is having a solution since i'm waiting for the A330 from Aerosoft but if it is behaving like the a320 family than i don't see a reason to by it. For now we keep smiling in the hope we can fly it in short term. Greets and enjoy your day.

Roy

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Roy,

I have taken your CTDs and blue screens and made a new topic for it. These problems should not be dealt in here as they are unrelated to this topic.

Hello Roy I have tested with lower Turbulence, but theres is no better success. The reason that i have found is the weather radar. Thats makes the most issue, if there is any idea to Aerosoft can change the system who like PMDG?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Frank,

you might want to try to disable the WXR while not in use. To do so you can modify the following file:

c:\Users\YourName\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\AB_ND_GDI.ini

[WXRadar]
WXBackgroundScan=0

By setting this value to 0 the background scan of the WXR will be completely omitted once you switch it off from the panel.

The PMDG WXR only works with ASN and no other weather engine. The AS WXR works with every weather engine, even with plain FSX/P3D weather. About any plans you might want to read the following topic, but as far as I know no decision has been made.:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Da dieser Thread beantwortet wurde haben wir ihn geschlossen. Wenn Sie weitere Fragen haben können Sie jederzeit einen Neuen öffnen.

Archived