After takeoff rudder problem

jerpap

Hello everyone! :) 

As in the title I've got a problem with rudder in A320/A321, not only after takeoff but also while taxiing. When I taxi and I want to turn left the plane turns right and when right plane turns left, everything is setup correctly in the controls menu and also rudder works normaly in other airplanes. And now the worse problem, couple seconds after takeoff rudder stucks on the full left or full right position and I cannot do anything to stop this... I can control the ailerons and elevator but not rudder. Even when autorudder is turn on, it happens.  I'm using rudder pedals and logitech joystick and my Airbus is updated. Thank you for your help! :)  

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello jerpap, 

are you by any chance under Windows 8 or 8.1? There is bug within the USB stack of these Windows versions. From all the hints on the web only one worked for me: using FSUIPC, which completely omits the Windows USB stack by getting the data directly from the device and pushing them into the sim. 

Hello Tom, 

I have Windows 7 64. I have also FSUIPC but it didn't help.

I believe I have the same issue. I have calibrated the joystick half a dozen times. Seems to be an issue with V3.0 of Prepar3D.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Like I said in the other thread, yes we have two now, did you check if the tiller has been assigned an axis? And for those with V3, did you also install the simconnects?

I assigned axis from my joystick for the rudder but it didn't help. Maybe there is some problem with my computer? But it's strange that this only happens when I fly Airbus :( 

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone once again :) 

The problem is solved! I had to reinstall fsx but the rudder is working :) but now I have some other issue with rudder. When I manually fly the airplane and especially when I turn left or right the rudder is moving without my input. And it's annoying because the aircraft is acting strangely, it's shaking or moving from left to right quite fast for 2-3 seconds :( 

Is there a solution for that? I cannot perform visual approaches and even during ils approaches after disengaging AP when making bigger corrections the planes is acting this way. I use rudder only during final approach and when I press the pedal the plane is acting normally. My Airbus is updated and I have rudder pedals and one last thing the auto-rudder in fsx and in Airbus is turned off. 

Best regards to everyone! :) 

The FBW provides turn coordination for normal turns. In common with most jet transports, the only time you should need to use the rudder is on the ground or during a crosswind landing: the rest of the time, they're just footrests ;-).

However, the sort of movement you are experiencing suggests to me that there is some "noise" coming from your pedals: have you tried increasing the null zone slightly?

Archived