Southwest Florida Intl (KRSW) Preview (Released)

This is a game changer.

Hello everyone. After many months of hard work, I am thrilled to unveil Southwest Florida Intl for X-Plane 10. In the screenshots below, catch a glimpse of one of the most detailed and beautiful sceneries ever created for X-Plane. Handling about eight million passengers a year, Southwest Florida Intl is the second busiest single-runway airport in the United States, and the 45th busiest in the United States overall.

Key Features:

• 10 cm/pixel aerial orthoimagery covering the entire airport (approx. 8.41 sq. km)
  • 1 cm/pixel custom ground detail/markings
  • True-to-life pavement, not repetitive textures
  • Never-before-done, hand-placed pavement seams covering the entire airport apron, runway and taxiways
  • Baked-in, ray-traced ambient occlusion on all major buildings
  • Baked-in, ray-traced night illumination on the airport terminal building
  • Specular reflections and all-HDR lighting (no hand-painted lighting)
  • Accurate building heights, measured using LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) elevation data
  • Designed using efficient modelling techniques and X-Plane 10-native methods for maximum performance without compromising on quality
  • Animated jet bridges and marshallers at all gates (using the freely available AutoGate plugin by Jonathan Harris)
  • Static aircraft as an option
  • Animated and static ground vehicles
  • Volumetric grass
  • Road traffic
  • Compatible with HD Mesh Scenery v3 by Andras Fabian

Release Date: This scenery is not really a 'work in progress' any more, it has been completed and submitted to Aerosoft. That being said, a release date is not currently available.

-- Click on each screenshot below to view the full detail of the scenery in gorgeous 1920 x 1080 pixels --

This looks really good! I'm always on the lookout for some good quality X-Plane 10 payware scenery. Based on the screenshots, it appears to me that this developer has raised the bar in X-Plane scenery quality. I've flown the LatinVFR version of this airport many times in FSX, and I enjoy this airport very much. I'm looking forward to seeing how it compares in X-Plane 10.  Definite day one buy for me.

Please keep the quality coming, this platform has a lot of potential, especially with the up coming IXEG and Rotate Sim projects. We will need quality locations fly with these new quality aircraft projects.

Dear Omar,

thanks a lot! This really is a game changer. The runway textures and the volumetric grass just look stunning! I will buy this one for sure and I hope to see more products from you in the future. Maybe you might want to consider some German Airport at some point - I would be really glad about it ;)

Best regards,

Nils 

• 1 month later...

STATUS UPDATE

Hello all, and thanks for all the support! I am pleased to announce that Aerosoft hopes to release the scenery within a week (on Thursday, to be specific).

I have fixed some bugs and made some improvements to the scenery since my first post. These changes include more than doubling the texture resolution of some airport structures and ground vehicles, and adding weathering to the terminal and surrounding airport buildings.

Some of these changes are slightly visible in the updated screenshots below (click on each screenshot for full quality):

STATUS UPDATE #2

Hey everyone. I regret to inform you that, due to a delay, the release of the scenery has been postponed to some time next week. However, the good news is that the Download version and the Steam version of the scenery will be released on the same day. I thank you all for your patience regarding the release of this product.

On September 30, 2015 at 8:50:48 PM, hadoken said:

This looks really good! I'm always on the lookout for some good quality X-Plane 10 payware scenery. Based on the screenshots, it appears to me that this developer has raised the bar in X-Plane scenery quality. I've flown the LatinVFR version of this airport many times in FSX, and I enjoy this airport very much. I'm looking forward to seeing how it compares in X-Plane 10.  Definite day one buy for me.

Please keep the quality coming, this platform has a lot of potential, especially with the up coming IXEG and Rotate Sim projects. We will need quality locations fly with these new quality aircraft projects.

Raising the bar in X-Plane scenery quality was the aim of this project all along :)

On October 3, 2015 at 3:26:04 AM, Nils_93 said:

Dear Omar,

thanks a lot! This really is a game changer. The runway textures and the volumetric grass just look stunning! I will buy this one for sure and I hope to see more products from you in the future. Maybe you might want to consider some German Airport at some point - I would be really glad about it ;)

Best regards,

Nils 

Hi Nils, and thank you so much for your continued support. Currently, I don't have a clear idea of which airport I'll be developing next. I will decide the airport in consultation with Aerosoft. All I can say right now is that it will probably be bigger and better :)

On 11/28/2015, 7:55:14, colton787 said:

Hey Omar,

Any plans to release KRSW for FSX in the future?

- Colton

Hi Colton. Unfortunately, I have no plans to convert the scenery for FSX or P3D. If someone else would like to do the conversion, they are welcome to contact Aerosoft or I :)

Archived