What simulator will you be using end of this year?

Aerosoft Team [Inactive Account]

What sim will you be using at the end of this year? / Welcher Simulator wird von dir am ende des Jahres genutzt?  

1129 members have voted

1. 1. What simulator do you expect to be using at the end of this year? / Welchen Simulator wird von dir am ende des Jahres genutzt?

• FS2004
    • FSX:SP2
    • FSX:STEAM
    • P3D V2
    • P3D V3
    • XP 9
    • XP 10

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(...) will require to be purchased again for a quite high price (...)

This is the bad side of the question. But it happened before with FS9/FSX although the prices were lower at the time.

(...) some may be incompatible.. And then in a year or so the next version comes out, and the game starts again; reinstalling, retweaking, customizing (...)

Some ARE incompatible, but most (a really high percentage) work out of the box and blend in with the new environment (shadows, fog, effects...) really well.

Reinstalling might be true (i didn't have to reinstall but i have enough knowledge to skip that phase) but tweaking is completely unnecessary as P3D is nearly perfect as is, only requiring 2 maybe 3 edits in the config file. Customizing is part of the fun.

Give it a chance, i've seen it working (alas, i use it now) and it's stupidly amazing. The smoothness, much increased VAS space (this one alone is worth $59,95) are in a league of its own.

Why staying with an old, shaky horse (FSX) if you can ride the racing horse (P3D v3). Nearly all native FSX addon-ons can be made compatible with P3D with some enthusiasm, knowledge and tools (look e.g. at simmershome).

• Aerosoft

It will be this one : 

http://nexgenflightsim.com/wordpress/

At the end of this year? You have massive massive thrust in a development that has hardly started;-)
If I would have asked about 2020 I would not have added the smiley. 

I think 2020 is overly optimistic Mathijs ;) I'll be flying my FSX, but I can't be bothered with a re-install, so if something crashes, I'll build a new rig and P3Dv3

At the end of this year? You have massive massive thrust in a development that has hardly started;-)If I would have asked about 2020 I would not have added the smiley. 

:lol: Yes, I know !! My appologies, i read : What simulator do you expect to be using at the end of your life?

Anyway, i will fly with FSX (works like a charm with tweaks) and surely with the CRJ and dreaming about the A330....:P

Chris.

Just switched to P3D as its performance und visual graphics are awesome in comparisson to FSX! BUT one question at Mathijs / Oliver Pabst: Are there any news about VistaMare / AES and P3D compatibility? The latest informations are about 1 - 2 years old. Would be great to get a statement on that - so I can decide to wait or switch to GSX. AES is really awesome - would be great to use ist with P3D in the future.

I tried some search indeed, but I didn't expect to find the answer in an FSX:SE thread. Nevertheless it seems like there is no hope for a P3D VistaMare neither a quick substitute for AES in P3D.

By the way: Tested P3D yesterday and it is simply awesome. Stable framerates with all the eyecandy turned on - performed a flight from Oslo (MA with ORBX Norway, ASN, REX) to Copenhagen (FlyTampa - best settings, HD) without any framerate-drop, OOM, or VAS-Problems. Dreamed of this for years.

And for all people who consider to switch: EZdok, FS Force and all other addons I use run perfectly. You can expect FSPassengers for P3D around Christmas, as said on the official website.

I have already purchased and installed P3D v3. I suffered two successive OOMs when flying around London on Thursday evening in P3D v2.4, and that settled the matter. Based on comments by P3D v3 beta testers, I am expecting a massive improvement in this department. I will be keen to test that when I have all of my addons installed.

So far over 50 % of the forum people intend to fly on Prepar3D end of this year. Not bad. That gives you a hint. Sure, there are still people out there that buy the FSX boxed version, and you rarely find them in the forums...

Aerosoft, maybe you can give me an assessement? P3D seems to be very interessting but I don't have the time to read dozens of forum-posts to trigger out, which could be the main advantages to switch to P3D. I've read that

- VAS Usage is better / improved.

- Performance is worse than FSX??

Performance is so much better in P3D compared to FSX! By a huge amount! Why? Because it is DirectX 11 and uses the resources of your video card so much better and more efficient. Plus many more reasons and improvements that LM has done the last few years.

And since you can use many add-ons for P3D v3 without paying more money the switch from FSX to P3D is not that painful. Go for it, you won't regret the investment.

Cheers,
Markus

For me its XP10. thats for sure. Coming from FSX I do miss the PMDG NGX and the Majestic Dash 8, however with the fantastic Saab 340a, FS Global Real Weather and SkyMaxx Pro V2 (soon V3) XP10 really starts to shine, at least for me. I also absolutley love EIDW,EGCC and EGLL from Aerosoft for XP10 and I really do hope that there will be more Aerosoft XP10 Add-Ons in the future (LSZH,LIRF,EDDF), but 2015 has been a good year in that regard so far! 

Archived