CDI Pointer

uadriver

team

I have recently noticed the pointer/arrow head on the CDI Bar of the ND's VOR Rose display always points to the selected track & not as I expect to the station  (to indicate to/from).

Please note I'm not writing about the navaids pointers.

Anyone else noticed the above.

cheers john

nd vor cdi.pdf

---

thanks ... I remain confused then as to why the pointer/arrow head exists if the crosshead also indicates the tracks direction (unless it is simply to clue the inbound course in a holding pattern wherever it may be).

cheers john

Maybe uadriver means this: "The Visual-Aural Radio Range (VAR) is a short range radio aid to navigation which furnishes definite visual and aural track guidance for distances up to approximately 100 miles when flying at an altitude of 8-10,000 feet. The actual distance of usable reception from a range station is dependent upon en route terrain and altitude. Aural signals provide sector and station identification."

I think --- is to young for this kind of navigation :)

O (---)

steady on, those images are not from the aerosoft sim .... they are graphics in notes I found & yes they lack some integrity (your #1 being the glaring one) !!!! 

I posted them to illustrate my original post .. ie how it shows the arrow on the deviation indicator being "toward the station" ??

cheers john

Archived