How do I get rid of the outdated static AI at EDDM?

petrovich42

It says in the manual for the Mega Airport Munich (FSX version) that there will be, during installation of the airport, the option to tick a box if you want static aircraft added to the scenery. The manual even warns that these static aircraft are simple models only intended to fill up the scenery.

I have now tried to install the scenery twice and have not come across this option/box at any point during installation. And when I start up the scenery, it has the static aircraft included, which look rather out of place and outdated next to the beautiful AI model available nowadays.

So, the question is: how do I get rid of those static AI planes? The sooner the better...... :-)

Any feedback appreciated,

Peter W

Aalborg, DK

It says in the manual for the Mega Airport Munich (FSX version) that there will be, during installation of the airport, the option to tick a box if you want static aircraft added to the scenery. The manual even warns that these static aircraft are simple models only intended to fill up the scenery.

I have now tried to install the scenery twice and have not come across this option/box at any point during installation. And when I start up the scenery, it has the static aircraft included, which look rather out of place and outdated next to the beautiful AI model available nowadays.

So, the question is: how do I get rid of those static AI planes? The sooner the better...... :-)

Any feedback appreciated,

Peter W

Aalborg, DK

I had the same problem and was given the run-around. They told me the installer works and it prompts you, but it never did prompt me for the static aircraft.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It's been awhile since I tried this, but look in the Mega Airport Munich\Scenery folder for a file named "EDDM_9_Stat-AC.BGL" and change the file extension (BGL) to something like "off". Remember to leave the dot. See if disabling this file which changing the extension will do does what you want.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been awhile since I tried this, but look in the Mega Airport Munich\Scenery folder for a file named "EDDM_9_Stat-AC.BGL" and change the file extension (BGL) to something like "off". Remember to leave the dot. See if disabling this file which changing the extension will do does what you want.

There is no afcad without static airplanes though and now my AI is overflowing all the parking spots.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The installer let you choose whether you want to have static aircraft or not. So either yo run the installer again or reinstall the airport and choose what you prefer.

The installer let you choose whether you want to have static aircraft or not. So either yo run the installer again or reinstall the airport and choose what you prefer.

How many times do I need to explain this? NO!!! IT DOES NOT!

I just downloaded the installer AGAIN (for FSX) and at no point does it ask about static aircraft

And as I posted in my topic, it installs an incorrectly named file, the altitude file is named "AFX_MDDE_ALT.BGL"

I do not understand why this is so difficult and can never be fixed

Please help Aerosoft. Either give us a new installer with static a/c as an option to turn off, or please attach a new afcad for static a/c disabled that has all the parking spots available? Thank you.

sorry to jump in here, but without knowing what kind of Ai traffic addon you use, have you ever considered to lower your Ai traffic density in the sim?

Hans

sorry to jump in here, but without knowing what kind of Ai traffic addon you use, have you ever considered to lower your Ai traffic density in the sim?

Hans

Why would I lower the slider? I setup my Ai traffic to fill the skies with as much realism as possible. There should be an option to use an afcad for EDDM with all parking spaces available.

Please help Aerosoft. Either give us a new installer with static a/c as an option to turn off, or please attach a new afcad for static a/c disabled that has all the parking spots available? Thank you.

Please?

Archived