PFPX 1.23 Cant load

Hello,

I installed the update from 1.21 to 1.23 and now, I can't load PFPX due to some files missing (runtimes and mfc140.dll)

I installed vcredist_x86 under the support files folder but its still not working.

Im running win 7 sp1.

Help is needed!

Thank you

Second try, I completely uninstall PFPX, reinstalled directly 1.23 version and still having the issue...

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have exactly the same problem after upgrading to 1.23.

I also uninstalled PFPX and installed the full 1.23 version and still have the same missing files

me too

Are you both also in Windows 7 SP1 ?

This seems to be the minimum version for the included VC++ redistributable installer.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Have you installed the correct version of the vcredist package for your Windows system?

• vcredist_x86.exe for Windows 32bit
  • vcredist_x64.exe for Windows 64bit

• Deputy Sheriffs

I just installed the vcredist_x64 package on one of my test systems (with Windows 8) which hadn't had the "mfc140.dll" on it before.

Afterwards the file was exactly where I assumed it to be: c:\Windows\System32\

Please have a look in there if the file is in it or not. If not, please also take a look into c:\Windows\SysWOW64\

• Deputy Sheriffs

Found it! :)

I used an old Win7 SP1 system I still have to try to reproduce the problem and ran instantly into the same problem.

By playing around with the VC++ Redistributables I noticed the problem: the in PFPX included 64bit version is the 2012 version of the package, not the needed 2015 one. Installing the correct version fixed the problem.

So just download the correct 64bit version from Microsoft, install it and you are good to go!

Hi Tom

In my case I didn't download the latest batch of Microsoft Updates.

When these updates were installed, PFPX loaded fine.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction  :-)

Found it! :)

I used an old Win7 SP1 system I still have to try to reproduce the problem and ran instantly into the same problem.

By playing around with the VC++ Redistributables I noticed the problem: the in PFPX included 64bit version is the 2012 version of the package, not the needed 2015 one. Installing the correct version fixed the problem.

So just download the correct 64bit version from Microsoft, install it and you are good to go!

Tom,

it didn't solve the problem for me.... I was already using the Visual C++ 2015 from Microsoft and not the one given by PFPX

• Deputy Sheriffs

Strange. On my test system the problem completely disappeared after installing the correct vcredist version.

You wrote of "some files" missing. Can you list them all please? Maybe that gives a hint on where the problem is on your system.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Have you installed all Windows updates for your Windows 7?

A quick Google search for vcredist problems on Windows 7 also brought up the hint, that you need Windows 7 Service Pack 1 installed.

Archived