AES doesn't recognise several installed airports

martinlest

Hi. I have 13 sets of AES credits (making it the most expensive FS9 addon I have ever bought!), but some of my major airports are not recognised by AES. For example, AES tells me I don't have Simwings PANC (Anchorage) installed, or the Simwings London Heathrow 2008, to name just two. I tried reinstalling, but still they don't show up in the AESHelp window..

Is there a way to 'force' AES to see these airports (there are others too)? What exactly in AES looking for to identify these airports? 95% of the airports I have activated are found with no problems, and they are in the same folder locations as those that AES does not find. Odd... Help appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you use by chance SIMStarter or any other tool activating and de-activating sceneries depending on where you fly? I realized that my setup with SIMStarter leads to strange issues with AES as soon as I do not use the master profile where all sceneries are activated. For example: I use a SIMStarter profile called "Europe" where I have only European sceneries activated while all others (NA, Asia etc.) are deactivated. Of course, when this was the last active profile, AES would not see my installed airports in America and Asia. Confused me in the beginning a little bit, but of course it is a logical behavior.

Hi. No, I don't have anything like that on this machine. The 'missing' airports in AES are all marked active in the scenery.cfg. They were found fine by AES on my previous PC.

Thanks

• Developer

For Simwings Heathow 2008, you should have a file names AES-EGLL-LIB in the Scenery directory of that ADDON.

For Anchorage the file needed is called AES-PANC-LIB.BGL, which is also per default in the SCENERY folder of the addon.

Can you check that and please tell me, which name/Version the Installer has, which you used.

Hi. I have version 2.39a..

I am having other problems with AES at the moment (it's not accepting credits that I have legitimately paid for -  I have all my receipts!), and I have at the request of Aerosoft support sent the AES log file. Currently I cannot access the airport activation tab.. As I say, I think that is being addressed by email.

I am also going abroad for 6 weeks tomorrow and so I shall not have chance to investigate the problems until I return to the UK.  I'll come back to this thread as soon as I can..

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Update: I am now back in the UK and have checked this again.

I installed v.2.40a but was still missing the following airport from the FS9 Help GUI - it shows as not being installed:

EGLL London Heathrow X (Simwings/AS)

Fortunately I have an old backup of my FS9 folders and saw that in my current setup one AES file was missing from the Heathrow scenery folder - copying it from the backup solved the problem and AES now works at EGLL.

M.

Archived