Mega Airport Oslo 2.0 v1.06 - Crash while taxiing

mcnobody

Hello Aerosoft,
hello all,

is anyone else experiencing a (aircraft) crash when taxiing on 'P' to the east side of the airfield when using a 737 seized aircraft?
For further detail see the attached image below.

Please login to display this image.

Whenever I pass the marked area I am getting a crash detection which is really annoying after 10-15 mins of flight preparation.
Don't beta tester recognize such simple errors while taxiing around the airport? I mean taxiway 'P' is a rather major route in Oslo (ENGM)!

Looking forward to a fix for this.

Best regards,
Christian

Hello Christian, 

just disable the crash detection in your sim and you are good to go. 

Tom,

thanks for your input but I do hope that this is not your serious approach to solve the issue mentioned above. If I can taxi on 99,9 % of Oslo Airport's ground without difficulty this is obviously a bug especially at a critical point in the taxiway nertwork. If I choose to fly with crash detection on this is my choice and I expect a developer to design a scenery without invisible objects which cause such a crash. Your approach is simply a workaround but no solution.

So far no one has shown that this crash is not caused by the scenery or rather by something else. So in my eyes this is a flaw with Mega Airport Oslo 2.0 which needs to be fixed.

Best regards,

Christian

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Christian,

my answer was meant as an approach to help you immediately to use the airport and not having to start over again after 10-15 minutes of flight preparation as you wrote.

I am not Aerosoft and I am not Jo Erlend, the developer of the airport. Therefore I can't tell anything about the detailed reason for this problem, nor when it might be fixed. 

About crashes I actually think, that they are badly implemented in FSX and one is better off with disabling them. If you crash your plane into the ground you know it anyway. No need to let FSX tell you as well. 

Best regards,
Tom.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Looks like the area that's causing the crashes is a tunnel entrance, and it may have too big an area for the "hole" thus causing the crash. I agree with Tom about the realism of the crash feature. The problem you discovered is just one of the probably unintended consequences of this when the Microsoft developers came up with it. It's far more a "game" thing that a "simulator" feature.

Archived