Upper ECAM: Broken Engine Displays

Sriver

Hello, 

I have the following problem:

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

I´m using P3Dv2 (latest version/hotfix), Windows 10 and the Airbus is version 1.30 with hotfix f installed. 

Is there any fix available? I already tried to install the latest hotfix again, but without any results. 

Regards, Alexander

• 2 weeks later...

Since when did this problem occur?

Hello Otto, 

I´m very sorry for the late answer!

I just tried to completly reinstall both Airbusses, but the Problem still exists. 

I can´t give you an exact hint since when the problem occurs, but it might have to do with the change to windows 10. On the other side, there are enough people running the Airbus X fine on windows 10. 

Regards, Alexander

• 1 month later...

I pointed this issue out in the Thread Ecam Software issue, if you tick the Software render box in the configurator the gauges are complete. If you untick and allow your GC to control the drawing the gauges are incomplete.

The thread is closed as Answered?? but the AS team says it is a DX issue?...if that I the case why does it work on some machines and not others as DX is DX and does not choose what it wishes to work on.

My system is more than capable of rendering via the GC so I have given up asking now, but as I say if you tick the software render it should work.

Not the perfect solution but a get around.

Thanks

Mark

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, fanblade said:

... as DX is DX and does not choose what it wishes to work on.

Hi Mark,

that would be the case if it would be a perfect world. But unfortunately the world isn't like that. There are tons of different graphics boards with different chipset and driver versions out there. Also on the OS side there is a myriad of possible file versions possible. There is actually barely one machine like the other out there.

The check box for the software rendering of the ECAMs was especially introduced to solve those problems, where it should work via DX, but for none obvious reasons it doesn't.

Thanks Tom,

Fully appreciate where your coming from, use to work fine though? no doubt MS have done something in the OS Win 10 just to confuses things!

All the best

Mark

Archived