How do I use the AirbusX Extended Livery Manager program to add liveries into FSX?

dgeddes

Hi there,

I recently purchased the Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321. It works well but I noticed that there was a program included in the install package called AirbusX Extended Livery Manager. The problem is, I don't know how to use it. For example, I opened the program and decided that I wanted the EasyJet livery. But when I clicked on Add Livery, it comes up telling me to 'Select File to Install'. What does this mean? Why is the File Name box blank? What am I supposed to put in it? Furthermore, when I go into my FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes/Airbus A320 CFM, I see that the EasyJet texture is already there. So why is the livery not appearing when I select the aircraft in FSX?. Surely the internet is not required. What if I didn't have access to it? Surely, these liveries must be preinstalled, or why would they bother giving me a Livery Manager program. Basically, I need someone to explain to me how to use this livery program and how to install them.

Thanks.

I HAVE ATTACHED A SCREENSHOT SHOWING HOW FAR I HAVE GOT BEFORE NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO NEXT. NOTE HOW THE FILE NAME BOX IS BLANK.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you take a look into the download section of this website you will find tons of liveries for the different buses. 

When you download a livery you will get a single ZIP file. This files needs to be given to the Livery Manager. 

You do this by either using the Add Livery... button and select that file, or drag and drop the downloaded file into the Livery Manager's window.

If you move your mouse above the "?" icon in the window you will get all the basics explained as well.

Just to clarify Tom's answer .

When using the LM when you click the " Add livery " button , you then have to " tell " the LM which livery you want to install by clicking on the zipfile . If you use the " click and drag " method , you have to click and drag the zipfile to the open space in the installed liveries list on the left side of the LM ( see screen below ) . The guaranteed way to install a repaint is to unzip the download and copy & paste the file texture.??? to the correct ( A318/319/320/321 CFM/IAE ) folder add the [fltsim.X} cfg entry . All explained in my thread in the repaint forum .

Please login to display this image.

Thanks for your help guys. Luckily, I have now managed to install a livery manually (without using the Livery Manager). I now understand what you mean by dragging the zip file into the livery manager window. I don't actually see the point in the Livery Manager program when you can just copy the texture manually using the instructions in the included readme file. Is it best to use the program rather than do it manually?

PS. When I tried to drag a texture in the Livery Manager, an error message came up saying 'could not install the livery!', or something like that. Any ideas why?

When you " drag & drop " , it's  a good idea to click on the tab at the top of the LM for the type you want to install the livery for ( eg A320 IAE ) , if the paint is of an A320 IAE ( I'll leave you to guess the other variations ) .

Hi again,

I have recently realised that the reason that my FSX aircraft selection was not showing all the liveries was because I did not have the checkbox 'show all variations' ticked. After I ticked that about 15 more liveries appeared! Sorry for not trying that in the first place. Thanks for your help.

Archived