Co Pilot keeps repeating set baro reference captain

bobsk8

Happened twice today on the same route which I flew twice, KSEA to CYVR in the A 321, upon landing and pulling off the runway, the after landing check list was started, but the co pilot kept repeating " Set baro reference captain" All other check lists were  completed normally during the flight, but this kept repeating after landing and pulling off the runway. I have all the latest hotfixes installed, and this happened for the first time today. The only way I could get it to stop was to turn the Checklist function completely off, and it immediately stopped. When I switched the checklist back on again, it started again, even if the co-pilot function was unchecked. Unchecking the copilot function had no effect. I am going to reboot my PC before the next flight to see if this cures the problem. I searched this topic, but it was supposed to be remedied some time ago with a patch 1.2 I have the latest version of the Airbus with the latest patches installed. ( 1.30F) 

If you go to 23:00 on this video, this is exactly what happened to me at the same point in the landing      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VisixeY7uw

PS.... It just occurred to me that both the flights I had this problem with, were short low altitude flights where I did not reach the normal transition altitude of 18,000 ft. I cruised at 15,000.  Someone on Youtube said they could get this announcement to stop by hitting the "b" key, which of course sets the altimeter setting. Maybe the Checklist was waiting for the altimeter to be set to current setting for the approach, but was not included in the normal checklist that happens when you cross below the transition altitude in the descent.  I think that may be the issue here, I will try another low altitude flight and report back if  pressing the "b" key stops the announcement by the co pilot.   

Flew 2 more flights today, same route , same aircraft, one at FL150 and one at FL 190 which is above the Transition level. The FL150 flight had the repeated baro reference captain request which was silenced by pressing "b".  The FL190 did not have any problem because going through transition level, the Captain resets the baro pressure.  Problem solved. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Why you guys did not use the search function before opening a new thread. Please look into the "pinned items" at the top of the MCDU RIGHT page and you will find as no. 3 this problem stated. It is a known issue and already on our bug list. Will be solved with SP4.......

Regards,

Rolf

Archived