Recommended Joystick for the Airbus

Hello everyone,

I´m thinking of getting a new joystick to fly the Airbus. I currently use the "Saitek Cyborg Evo" and I´m not happy with it because its spring is quite heavy which makes it difficult to do precise small inputs that are obviously very important when flying an Airbus. So I´m wondering if anyone of you guys could recommend one that is easy to move and suitable for flying an Airbus. By the way, it does not have to have good throttles because I´m using a seperate throttle quadrant. 

I´m looking for something not more than 70-80 Euros.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Thrustmaster T16000m, you can use it with your left or right hand - just a few screws. I use it about 2 years now, and i am total happy.

Does the throttle work OK on that stick for the Airbus aircraft? 

Yes, perfect!

Ordering one now. I m using the Logitech Extreme Pro currently which I like for the button and switch placement, but it is too stiff. 

Thrustmaster T16000m, you can use it with your left or right hand - just a few screws. I use it about 2 years now, and i am total happy.

Yeah I'm going for the 16000m! I read so many positive reviews about it. Thanks a lot! :)

Just got my Thrustmaster 16000 from Amazon. They shipped in the regular box it comes in with no protective packing. The box was damaged, and so was the joystick, which it looks like USPS did. One button is stuck completely down and won't move. Luckily with Amazon, ordering a replacement is simple which I already did.   That being said, the action on the stick is way better than it is on my Logitech Extreme Pro, as far as the ease of moving the joystick. Can't wait to get the replacement. 

Agree T1600M. I have some Saitek throttles as well, so I have the T1600 set up for left hand and throttles in my right, just like the real thing! The action on the T1600 is very good and hand flying approaches and departures really satisfying.

Richard

Got the T16000 today, set it up, and I liked the feel of the stick. .Unfortunately, I could not get it to work properly with the Airbus and EZdok at first .. When I would change views in Ezdok from camera to camera, , it would turn off the autopilot in the Airbus, and sometimes it would put flaps down. I worked on it all damn day, and finally gave up, and went back to my Logitech Extreme Pro.  The next morning, I decided to try again and I discovered that there was some sort of interaction from the lower left button  #  8 that I had set  for controlling view changes in EzDok . I had gone through all the control assignments in FSUIPC and P3D, and could not figure out what was interacting, but several camera changes either in cockpit or out eventually turned off the autopilot. I then decided to use the buttons on the top of the joystick instead to change camera views, buttons 3 and 4.  This no longer resulted in the AP disconnecting and now everything seemed OK  Then the next day, I accidentally hit button #8 on the Joystick ( which was not assigned to anything at this point) and the AP turned off again    :huh:. Button number 8 was not assigned to anything in P3D or in FSUIPC, but it instantly switched off t he AP when I pressed it.  So I just went into P3D button assignments for the T16000  and assigned button #8 to the AP  master. I think this must be some quirk in the driver for the T16000 or in the stick itself, but I solved it by programming the button to do what it wanted to anyway.  

Archived