I'm not faulting PFPX EU OPS fuel planner because its bang on very precise!

I would like to know why the difference with this - 
if you look at PFPX fuel summary after generating a flight. In the SUMMARY section REMAINING FUEL at DEST, is always lower than the planned fuel at the destination on the OFP?

Hello Driver170,

You are absolutely right. I was wondering why there was this difference ; but as I fly only the Q400 it does not make a big difference (only around 20 Kg) so I did not really care. When flying a 727, F28 or a 747-200 you would probably notice more this difference.

I found out that, apparently, its happens  from the TOD to the LDG and it is the OFP showing wrongly more fuel than it should be.

I had a thought about this thinking that it could may be that the approach burn (22 Kg with the Q400) is not taken into consideration on the OFP.

Maybe someone would have some explanation?

Regards,

JP

I just did a test with the 737-800 bundled with PFPX, LGW-ATH

Summary Page shows release Fuel = 10831kg. Taxi out 120kg. Trip 8109kg. Remaining 2542kg.

So 10831-120-8109-60 = 2542kg. The 60kg is 5mins taxi-in @ 12kg/min.

Similar thing on a customised detailed 752W, a 747-200 freighter and the Q400. My default settings are allowing for 10min taxi-out fuel and then 5min taxi-in.

Unless I'm mis-interpreting your query.

Hi Driver, I don't see an issue with the default PFPX OFP.

Re-ran LGW-ATH with the 738. OFP fuel remaining at destination (landing fuel) shows as 2.6 tonnes. The SUMMARY page remaining shows 2552kg, but that is on-chocks fuel, not landing fuel, so when taxi-in is added back the adjusted SUMMARY landing fuel would be 2612kg.

Cheers
Jon

Hi jon. I'm using a Ryanair OFP template not sure if thats making the difference!? Will check again tonight.

I will test the same as your plan but with PFPX default OFP. But surely it doesn't matter what i use? 

Archived