Flight Plan - waypoints shifting position.

michelvine

I have a problem when entering a flight plan in the MCDU. The route that I enter is : CYUL BOBKI MELTI TORNI RAGID2 CYYZ. This route is a real route. The problem is about the order of the waypoints. I enter the route as it is, but when I enter MELTI, the route becomes MELTI BOBKI TORNI RAGID2 !! I checked the geographic position of the two points and they are right. BOBKI is N45 25.12  W74 25.88 and MELTI is N45 20.61 W74 52.41. I don't know why I go MELTI, then back to BOBKI, then TORNI. It makes no sense.

Also, is there someone who can explain how to deal when you get a MANUAL waypoint. From CYUL, if I put SID TRUDO2, I always get a MANUAL waypoint. So, I would like to know what to do with this waypoint?

Thank you

Michel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michel,

Where are you entering MELTI -- on the F-PLN page or as a LAT REV? The easiest way to do it would be as a LAT REV from BOBKI which should insert it in the correct place.

If I recall correctly, a MANUAL waypoint is the equivalent of VECTORS in Boeing FMC jargon.

I'm not familiar with YUL, but I'm assuming that the TRUDO2 is a vector departure: in which case, there is no published route, ATC would just vector you and then at some point clear you direct to whatever your first enroute waypoint is. So you would depart in selected heading, follow ATC instructions and eventually resume own navigation in managed mode direct to (for example) BOBKI.

Hi  Michel,

are you sure you enter this on the correct LSK?

The waypoints are not autosequenced, so you have to enter them correctly and recheck their order. They will show (and be flown) the way you enter them, even if you enter them at wrong places.

MANUAL waypoints are points where procedures include Legs which have to be flown in HDG mode (so parts where the procedure ends and ATC has to give you vectors).

Hi Skelsey. Hi Emanuel.

I think I entered it the right way. I am using TRUDO2 SID so it put a MANUAL waypoint followed by a f-discontinuity. Then I click LSK beside MANUAL and enter BOBKI. I do the same for MELTI clicking LSK beside BOBKI, then TORNI and this is where everything goes wrong. Instead of having BOBKI MELTI TORNI, I end up with MELTI BOBKI TORNI !!!

So yesterday, I tried to do it different way. I just entred each waypoint (BOBKI MELTI TORNI) one at a time on the scratchpad then I pressed the LSK beside flight Discontinuity for BOBKI and it was entered on the flightplan. I did the same for MELTI and pressed LSK beside BOBKI and MELTI took place after BOBKI and so on. So everything look fine now.

Thank you.

Michel

I have observed that when the next waypoint is entered via the 'next waypoint' function, it will from time to time become the previous waypoint.  I have never figured out quite why or when that will occur, but it is a pain.

DJ

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can confirm this happens frequently. It's obviously not related to specific routes, in fact it can occur anytime.  I am using the A320/321 package v1.31 with P3D v3

Archived