Baggage Handlers on strike

Running AES 2.39a on FSX:MS. When I park at the destination airport and the airbridge is extended to the front door I press Shift+E and Shift+E+2 to open the front door and hold doors.

Now even though the baggage handlers arrive at their correct place they never offload any bags. They just sit there like spare parts. :huh:

When will AES start to offload the hold luggage? It's been like this for ages. A rival product which I guess we all know the name of does offload bags so it would be nice if AES did the same. You've been around for longer too.

Ray just buy the rival product.  Or wait for the product under active development.  Oliver is a very busy man, a man in high demand, and has little time to further develop AES (particularly for FSX:SE and P3D) one of Aerosoft's most successful products.  We have been placated over the last 24 months by promises of improvements all of which have proved illusory.  Indeed with the latest release Oliver has stated much preparatory work has been accomplished.  Well I'll believe it when I see it.  If this post seems cynical I can assure you it is not; it is instead laced with frustration, frustration that most in the community feel, including Ray and Edetroit who has been waiting ages for an appropriate towbar for his beloved IL76.

I already have the rival product but have disabled it for airports where I have bought AES credits. I will look at trying to use both for an airport but suspect I'll end up with too many vehicles around the aircraft.

I already have the rival product but have disabled it for airports where I have bought AES credits. I will look at trying to use both for an airport but suspect I'll end up with too many vehicles around the aircraft.

Ray,

First of all sorry for editing your post. A full sentece, or two, has disappeared as a result. It was accidental and unintended, as I was only going to quote you, but as a moderator I can also edit, so one wrong click and... it was too late. Forgive me!

Now about AES/GSX. I can tell you I use them together without any problems. I don't really get double vehicles and both add-ons serve me well at the same time.

AES provides me with moving jetways (at airports where there wouldn't be any otherwise), and GSX gives me the rest.

In short: for freighters and small planes (which both don't need jetways) AES is disabled (no intelliscene.cfg). For other planes it is present but I configure the aircraft in AESHelp not to have other doors visible than the main one.

At the same time you choose the 'parking has a jetway' option in the GSX menu.

If you need more detailed info on how to use them together, just let me know.

Hi Rafal,

Not to worry. I think the missing bit was how much I had spent on AES (around £130) and some justified criticism of Oliver for his lack of presence on the forum.

Those are useful tips and I shall try them. I only fly two types of aircraft - a 737-800 and Concorde. They should be reasonably straight-forward to modify for AES and GSX.

Thanks. :)

Hi Rafal,

I did as you suggested and things are okay albeit with a couple of questions which I hope you can help with. I appreciate it may be unethical asking about a rival product but if Oliver isn't reading then what he doesn't see won't hurt. ;)

I used GSX at the departure airport to load pax and baggage but wanted to use AES for the pushback as it's more accurate. But as soon as I released the brake GSX complained and asked for it to be applied immediately. I just ignored it but is there a better way of dealing with that?

Second, on arrival I selected a gate from the GSX menu as it's more exacting on judging how well you park. But despite not requesting a gate number in AES I had two marshallers guiding me in and obviously I can only use one. Any way of disabling the AES one?

Hi Ray,

For your first question, you can select the no pushback option on the GSX menu. But you'll still have to select the 5th option in the GSX menu which will make all the vehicles go away from the plane.

For the second question, I really don't know, maybe someone will answer that :)

Best,

Omer

I had two marshallers guiding me in and obviously I can only use one

This seems to be the only not completely solvable 'problem' but honestly it doesn't bother me at all.

If you don't need the follow me (I usually don't use it, as I enjoy studying charts and airports' taxisigns), don't select the gate from the GSX menu and let the AES marshaller guide you (he usually does it better, at least for the purpose of the jetway position).

When the jetway is connected, you can call the GSX services and don't care about another marshaller going somewhere into a shadow (more animated guys are a feature, aren't they? Look at what FlyTampa is doing in their latest airports).

Or you can go the other way. Call the GSX (including Follow me if you like), and take care of AES only later. The GSX marshaller will slowly walk away.

A good thing is they never stand at the same place, so you can always ignore one of them.

Additionally, if you like a bit of texturing and design, you can make transparent textures for the AES mashaller so he is not visible at all. But I wouldn't care.

Thanks Rafal. Plenty of food for thought. I posted a message on Umberto's site some time back asking why the marshaller was so fussy about my parking and he released an update with distance from the ideal parking point and lateral distance too. I'm keen to use the GSX marshaller as he does a dance if you get it spot on. Sad eh? :D

I have EFB by Avliasoft so can use their maps for gate location. I'll try a few different scenarios and see which suits me best. One thing I won't be doing is making the AES marshaller transparent. A chap has to know his limitations. ;)

Hi Rafal,

Not to worry. I think the missing bit was how much I had spent on AES (around £130) and some justified criticism of Oliver for his lack of presence on the forum.

Those are useful tips and I shall try them. I only fly two types of aircraft - a 737-800 and Concorde. They should be reasonably straight-forward to modify for AES and GSX.

Thanks. :)

I have to agree with you Ray. AES is by far my most expensive addon and it takes a very very small amount of time to check a forum.

738 and Concorde eh? ...lucky you. Tu-154 and IL-76 not so much.

Recently I asked a very busy, very well known man called Hiroshi Igami if it was possible to have a special model for a 747SP (RR engines with the humpback)

His reply was "hold on" ....and within minutes (and I mean single figures) had remodelled, compiled and sent me the the new model. It did make me wonder why a towbar takes years.

Actually TBH it does not bother me that much as I fly from the cockpit and I still get a perfect pushback from AES. What does bother me is that I cannot select which truck I would like for pushback.:angry: 

Oh well c'est la vie.:mellow:

Apologies ... I went a bit off topic there.:D

Hi Ed,

Agreed it takes very little time to read latest posts on a forum. Allocate yourself maximum 1 hour a day should be more than enough. It's called managing your time.

Hiroshi sounds a real asset to the community. Oliver was quite pro-active a few years ago but since Steam has come along he seems to have withdrawn into his shell. I know getting AES to work with Steam is a major problem but it shouldn't monopolise all your time. That thread on improvements should either be updated or removed.

Hopefully at some point you'll get your choice of push-back trucks. For now, continue to enjoy FSX. :)

Hi Ed,

Agreed it takes very little time to read latest posts on a forum. Allocate yourself maximum 1 hour a day should be more than enough. It's called managing your time.

Hiroshi sounds a real asset to the community. Oliver was quite pro-active a few years ago but since Steam has come along he seems to have withdrawn into his shell. I know getting AES to work with Steam is a major problem but it shouldn't monopolise all your time. That thread on improvements should either be updated or removed.

Hopefully at some point you'll get your choice of push-back trucks. For now, continue to enjoy FSX. :)

For me it's FS9 thank you Ray. :D

• Deputy Sheriffs

I clearly see it in list of pinned topics in this forum. No need to start any false rumors!

And in the meanwhile you might want to reads this:

Archived