US Cities X Boston - Issue with Fly Tampa KBOS

klovell

Hello,

First off, awesome job on this scenery!  Boston is my home town and I was really surprised to find the building that I work in on Huntington Ave was represented!  Anyway, a minor issue when used with Fly Tampa KBOS.  The default control tower for the airport appears behind Fly Tampa's tower so there are two control towers.  Thought I would pass that along - nice work!

Thanks

Did you install FlyTampa KBOS after USCX?

If yes, run the scenery complexity tool that comes with USCX Boston. It should then say that FlyTampa KBOS has been found and all you need to do is to click apply settings.

If not: Where is FlyTampa KKBOS located in your scenery library? It should be below USCX Boston.

Bests, 

Sascha 

Thanks for the quick response.  Fly Tampa was already installed and it is below USCX Boston.  I launched the tool and it doesn't recognize that Fly Tampa BOS is installed.  Does it look in a particular place for FT KBOS?  I have most of my addon scenery installed on another drive.  Maybe I just need to move FT KBOS back to the C drive?

SOLVED!

The issue was that I had my Addon Scenery folder installed on another drive.  I temporarily moved it to the C drive and ran the scenery complexity tool.  It recognized that I had FT KBOS installed and I applied the changes.  Everything looks phenomenal now!

Thanks!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Just to add this FYI: The installer and tool look for

\Addon Scenery\FlyTampa-Boston\scenery\AFX_KBOS.BGL

in your FS directory. If it's not there they assume FlyTampa KBOS is not installed.

Bests,

Sascha

Archived