AES and FSX:SE

data63

first of all: this is no nagging about AES not supporting FSX:SE and how "unfair" it is that it doesn't but just asking for some kind of "status".

I know AES was build for FSX (SP1/2 Acc...) and relies on VistaMare which is no longer supported by it's developer.

It would be a nice step if there would be a statement if conversion for FSX:SE is still under investigation or if is "out of scope" because it is not possible to adapt the VistaMare module (which I would understand / accept).

Maybe an option (moneywise) could be that there will be a paid update for FSX:SE (and maybe P3D) using another technology not based on VistaMare but on (e.g.) SODE or something similar.

I love AES (having quite a few credits) but FSX:SE seems the more stable platform for me and as AES is one of the few Addon not compatible (and it looks there will/may be updates for some of the others.

Happy landings (and parking ^_^)

juergen

Actually I was thinking, Aerosoft made wonderful addons, probably they can do another module (similar to Vistamare), so AES will not die. Particularly I love AES, the simplicity and at the same time the particular handling at every airport, it's a nice tool.

I would like to use FSX:SE but AES is the reason for stay with the legacy FSX (I am not criticizing)

Long live to AES :D 

Regards,

Walter

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Juergen,

have you read the following topic in this very same forum?

The statement you are asking for has long been made ;) (latest post in that topic)

• 2 weeks later...

After reading the posts and the "answer" :) I would like to ask how far is the idea/work done by what OPabst said in the other thread?

I am working on a new way to implement the features of AES with other technologies, but that is a process, where the complete code need to be new developed, that takes time.

Is there any advance and light at the end of the tunnel? (As I'm new to flight and flightsim I have no better words for it :) )

As I would like to have AES on my FSX:SE at MEGA Airports. :)

Many thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The statement from Oliver was from July, now it's September.

He said he needs time, that doesn't mean one or two weeks or months. Actually, I wouldn't expect it in 2015.

Thanks and sure, if there needs to be developed new ways it isn't done in a snooze.

Just be curious, as this issue is known for more days than just July 2015. But ok, I don't wanna flame, bash or somewhat.

Not in 2015 is a statement, so I will ask again in 2016. ;)

• Developer

After reading the posts and the "answer" :) I would like to ask how far is the idea/work done by what OPabst said in the other thread?

Is there any advance and light at the end of the tunnel? (As I'm new to flight and flightsim I have no better words for it :) )

As I would like to have AES on my FSX:SE at MEGA Airports. :)

Many thanks.

As Tom say it correct, the tunnel is very long, as all code needs to be done new. AES has a development time of years, before all works in FS9 and FSX, so it is not realistic to think it can be redone with other technology in weeks. At the moment the basics must be done and a lot of testing to understand, how the Animation system can be used via Simconnect to implement all feature in the same realistic way, as they are done by intelliscene yet. In parts the interface is limited, in other it has much more feature. The problem is, that P3D is much flexible as FSX or FSX:SE, but this does help much, as the features needs to work at all platforms in the same way. Before I don't have a tested solution for all features we have now with the new interface, it makes no sense to talk about any time frames.

And there are other things to be done first, like the AESLite traffic for the airports, where we have now a solution to get this traffic also in FSX:SE and P3D, not with all functions, but it works already and is part of some airports released the last weeks, for example Mallorca and Ibiza of Simwings.

And I hope Davetail is not to fast with there new sim, as then we have the next platform, where all things are different :rolleyes:

Dear OPabst,

thank you very much for this detailed answer.

Looking forward to the update - whenever it is ready (please don't do the Duke3D timeframe :D).

P3D is interesting but, for me as I'm just playing from time to time, to expensive.

Hopefully DoveTails new sim is (somehow) backward compatible to the add-ons. :)

Cheers!

also "thanks very much" for that update - my intention for starting this topic was just "hearing" if something is going on.

It's shurely a huge task redoing all those fundamental things in AES to work with a new "engine" - but for us "simmers out there" it's hard to hear only silence for more than 2 months so this statement "don't expect it in 2015" is not what we like, but I think we respect and it's looking like something is been done.

It would be great to hear something about the progress from time to time - even if nothing can be shown in pictures.

• 5 months later...
On 1.9.2015 at 11:49, OPabst sagte:

And I hope Davetail is not to fast with there new sim, as then we have the next platform, where all things are different :rolleyes:

Ok, and now all things are different. DTGs next Flightsim is in the pipe. :(

Any news on AES 2.40b+? As 2.40b isn't working with Steam version. :(

Many thanks. :)

In another thread Oliver told that AES will likely not be made compatible with SE but possibly for P3D as it would bei to complicated to support all platforms and he sees FSX-SE as just a "in between" for DT before (maybe) there new sim will come out

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived