Best/Recommended ATC

The problem with flying online for me and I have done it in the past, is there are never any controllers where and when I want to fly. I use Pro ATC, and I start with clearance Delivery, Ground, Tower, departure Control. Center, Approach Control, Tower and Ground everytime and everywhere I fly. Not going to happen with Online flying, unless it is a pretty rare occasion. Too many times, I have been approaching an airport but still many miles away,  after a flight of a few hours only to have the only  controller around, sign off.  

That are the problems we all have to deal with ;) But, sorry to say, there is no other way - until someone (maybe in the House of Aerosoft) starts to develope the ultimate ATC Software.

Not surprised Bob at 07:40 local on the East Coast and a weekday :).

I would make use of the booking information and posted events to get the best from online flying.

Voxatc works fine for me, before that for many years I have used Radar Contact.

Proatc has not been totally reliable, or predictable, in my experience, but I have not tried it for a few months. Perhaps the latest updates have improved it.

Use an ATC program such as Voxatc that allows you to use voices, if you wish, which are NOT computer synthesised, such as those supplied by Ivona.

You have to pay for them but they are a  big improvement.

Thanks all  for the advice, i will give these tools a try, and yes I have tried to use some of the online ATC and no one was there - Aerosoft Ultimate ATC doesnt sound bad hey ;)

Not surprised Bob at 07:40 local on the East Coast and a weekday :).

I would make use of the booking information and posted events to get the best from online flying.

I can't program my flying time around posted   events. I probably fly an average of 2-3 flights a day for a VA starting around 10 AM EST. There are no controllers in the US at that time. Even in the afternoon, you are lucky if you find a couple. I don't like flying having to plan my flight after looking to see if there is a controller within 1,000 miles, and then by the time I set up and takeoff, that one controller has signed off. Been there, done that many times in the past. I'll take Pro ATC any day. 

Archived