Mallorca & Ibiza Evo (Night Lighting with ORBX)

bradley27

Maybe answered before?

I have noticed that the familiar street lighting seems to be missing from these 2 addons for FSX?

Its quite common to see street lights and rather impressive night lighting assisted by ORBX FTX Global/Vector/Open LC Europe.

I understand that this might be because both islands are covered by a photographic base image but is there any work around?

I have seen the Aerosoft published Night Environment for Spain but i dont have problems with mainland Spain its just these Bealerics that are proving atad annoying...

Help or opinions welcome

Thanks

The first shot is Berlin (Germany), you can see the night lighting which is supplied via ORBX FTX Global, then the remaining 3 are images from Ibiza and Palma (Both Evo). You can now see there is no street lighting at all and the only lighting is that of the airport and the photographic base images light bloom.

Please login to display this image.

This isn't ORBX fault, because the FTX lights won't display in photosceneries. Since aerosoft didn't model the streets/roads lights ajusted to the photoscenery, to have lighting in the whole island i suggest you to buy Taburet Night Environment IBERIA (it covers the balearic and canary islands too)

This is technically throwing money away though...ORBX supply a perfectly good night lighting system so to then go and buy something else just seems crazy. It would be nice if Simwings could look into this for the ORBX users especially given that by todays standards street lighting goes without saying?

I have seen the Night Enviro Spain in action in a tralier for Mallorca Evo...so if that addon can do it why cant ORBX? 

I think it's because of the landclass they use on FTX global. FTX lights are adjusted only for their modified ground textures. Even if you disable FTX global and use only ftx lighting on fsx default landclass i bet they will not show. 

Aerosoft and Taburet lighting are designed to work in every landclass you use in the simulator

• Developer

This is likely as a reply over at ORBX mentions this...i wonder if theres anyway Simwings can look at this? Seems crazy that no one else has noticed or voiced this...

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/101741-simwings-ibizamallorca-evolution-and-night-lighting-null/#entry919836

Can you post the essential message here as I´m not registered to ORBX´s forum?
Maybe we´ll find a solution.

Thorsten

• Deputy Sheriffs

To quote Holger Sandmann (FTX Developer) in this topic:

Hi there,

while photoreal coverage will suppress the autogen of the FTX Global landclass ground textures, including its 3D lights, the street lighting associated with Vector's urban roads should remain visible.

It's possible though that the Aerosoft product excludes all local roads in which case the Vector road lights would disappear as well.

Cheers, Holger

• Developer

Thanx.

Well, try to deactivate the following files of the /*TERRAIN/SCENERY directories of the airports.:

Ibiza Evo: cvxIBIZA_EXCL_ROADS.bgl (and/or cvxIBIZA_EXCLUDE_UTX.bgl)

Mallorca Evo: cvxEXCLUDEMALLORCAROADSUT.bgl

Not sure if it will work than, but these are the only files suspected to excude such lights. If the photoground won´t exclude them anyway.

Thorsten

Just like i said. Your only solution is to buy taburet night iberia. I'll post here some shots and you will see that will be a worth buy! This is only at Mallorca, if you want i upload some ibiza pics too!

Not gonna lie, that looks great. Some Ibiza too yes please! Thats what i love about flying at night now in todays FSX....the lights!

Thanx.

Well, try to deactivate the following files of the /*TERRAIN/SCENERY directories of the airports.:

Ibiza Evo: cvxIBIZA_EXCL_ROADS.bgl (and/or cvxIBIZA_EXCLUDE_UTX.bgl)

Mallorca Evo: cvxEXCLUDEMALLORCAROADSUT.bgl

Not sure if it will work than, but these are the only files suspected to excude such lights. If the photoground won´t exclude them anyway.

Thorsten

I will try this when i get in later tonight

• Deputy Sheriffs

Guys, please stick to the support instead of showing of none Aerosoft products. I've hidden your posts. If you wanna discuss the other add on please use the PM option. Thanks!

• Developer

Hi,
if that´s the case than nothing can be done by us to make them show. Seems like ORBX lights are simply not compatible to overlaying photo sceneries.
Which was intended by Microsoft (photo sceneries covering landclass sceneries) and does not happen by accident or because we did something wrong
with the photo scenery.

Thorsten

currently all standard autogen based lights will be obscured with an active photoreal,

Night Environment is the only night lighting system that will work in any setup or scenario combination,

our work is often imitated, never duplicated :)

take  your pick; all videos on this page are with photoreal

(also note our lights illuminate the ground and shine through the photoreal itself for seamless ground effect)

http://forums.nightenvironment.com/media.html/

• 2 months later...

To bring up this topic after seeing many others talking about the same issue with Flytampas Dubai...is there a chance for P3Dv3 that 3D night lighting for the island will/can be looked at for the Belearic Evo series (Menorca still to come)?

It just seems slightly strange that there is no island lighting in 3D form? Its almost a given in sceneries there days no?

Archived