Airbus Fonts Disrupt Windows 10 Browser Font Display

tytyt

Hello,

Yesterday, I clean installed Windows 10 Pro, P3D 2.5 and Aerosoft Airbus 320.

Now my browser (Microsoft Edge) displays webpage with newly installed Airbus fonts.
(Please see the attached image :-)

After I remove the Airbus* fonts, all pages are fine.
Is this a known problem?

Thank you,

Please login to display this image.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

I haven't updated yet, but I would assume that if Edge is picking some random fonts from your system it can also be configured to use a certain one. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

I do not think that it is a problem created by the Airbus. There are meanwhile a lot of complaints around the web especially from webdesigners, complaining about font issues with Microsoft Edge. Some mentioned that Windows 10 deleted several fonts and Edge uses other fonts, others are talking about blurry fonts, what I also see, without having the Airbus installed.

So I recommend to treat Edge in the same way as Windows Internet Explorer 1: simply leave it and wait for the next update, coming in late autumn.

And just to make it clear: When installing the Airbus, none of the standard fonts in Windows are replaced. Only some fonts are being added, with a naming starting with Airbus... and one font is added being named ECAMa.ttf.

So the question would be: what font is used by Edge and why and what happens if this specific font doesn't exist (for any reason)?

Hi,

Many thanks for the replies.

I think this is a system wide bug of Windows 10.
It seems the legacy Internet Explorer and other software got also affected by this Airbus fonts.

If I remove the Airbus fonts from the system fonts folder, it fixed the problem. 
Maybe it could help if Aerosoft move the location of the Airbus fonts to non-system fonts folder.

Kind regards,

tytyt

• Deputy Sheriffs

In what order did you install Windows 10 and the Airbus?

1) First plain Windows 10 (no update) and then the Bus ?

2) First the bus, then update to Windows 10?

If it is 1) then one could argue that Aerosoft have to change something, if it is 2) I really can't see that as something in the Windows Update is obviously going wrong, so it would be MS fault.

Hi Tom A320,

Yes, I clean installed plain Windows 10 Pro x64 by creating a bootable media and erasing my HDD.
So it is 1).

Cheers

tytyt

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, just installed the Airbus under FSX:SE on my Windows 10 machine, which I upgraded from Win7 to Win10. And I see the fontproblem in Edge, but not in Firefox.

As the Airbus installation didn't change any fonts in Windows, but only added some fonts, the question really is what the fu... is Edge doing here?

Same problema here.

Incorrect fonts in Edge, Explorer, Chrome and world of tanks and Warships.

Clean Win 10, Prepar 3d, Fsx, Wot, WoWs, Rex texture direct, and when aerosoft Airbus finish, bang, fonts mesehed up.

Any news ?

Regards.

PD: Sorry abuot my bad english

• Deputy Sheriffs

Within Google Chrome it is possible to configure fonts. Would be interesting to know what Chrome says which font is currently configured there for you.

I think it is not only a problem of brownsers, is a system problem because games like WoT and Wows, are also affected.

Maybe a clue.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As on other machines this is not the case it would still be interesting to know what your Chrome currently says what font it is using.

Sorry but now i dont´t have Chrome installed.

The Airbus PDF2.ttf is causing the problem. remove  it and  the system problem is solved, but surely the airbus failed.

Same problem here with the AirbusPDF2.ttf. It seems that in some way it has a property that some applications recognize it as Arial. Maybe something like they describe here. Now I have problems in Edge, Chrome, AMD Catalyst, Steam and more. Solution is to remove the AirbusPDF2.ttf.  I hope that doesn't affect my Airbus Displays too much.

I checked the AirbusPFD2.tff file with the tool ttfedit. And as I suspected, there are multiple properties indicating the font title as "Arial". I have corrected this and it is working now as expected.  The only strange thing is that with the same file I never had a problem in Windows 7 nor in Windows 8.  I attach the corrected font. 

AirbusPFD2b.ttf

jancg: Thanks for your insight into the font properties that was causing Windows 10 to believe the Airbus font was a variant of Arial. I installed your corrected font, and the issue went away. Thanks for checking this out!

Archived