High GPU Usage (GTX 770) and low FPS

Hi everyone,

Recently, my GPU has been acting strange and now loads itself between 80-99% when I'm playing FSX and many other games as well. As of a result of this, I have been getting lower FPS. For example on the ground at LGTS with the PMDG 737 With pretty high settings, would usually get 40-50 FPS in the VC (mouse cursor out of window obviously) but now I get 15-20. The lower FPS comes from the GPU coming under massive load: https://billedeupload.dk/?v=cP9Wh.png

It has usually been around 40-60%

The temps are not very high either. 

I have tried setting to 'preferred maximum performance' setting in Nvidia Inspector and changing the settings but doesn't help.

I have tried updating, reinstalling and switching drivers but to no avail. 

Also to note that this seems to have happened after I opened up my PC and trying to access the fan controller. Could this have come from moving or touching some cables and parts? (I am a computer noob pretty much)

Thanks in advance and any help would be much appreciated.

Dan

I strongly recommend doing it without the Inspector as I have seen some horrible things caused by that. 

Really? That's a surprise. I have used it for a year with no real problem until now. I suspect this could be something from what I changed in the BIOS or by opening up my PC

Archived