AES 2.39a is available now

• OPabst pinned this topic

Thanks for 2.39 version oliver.

There are a lot sceneries with many votes in the request thread with no comment from you (green or red) like Bridge Guangzhou. Can I ask if you will make AES for them in the future?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question, but i didnt want open a thread only for this.

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question, but i didnt want open a thread only for this.

Why not? Especially as it clearly states that this topic is not for such requests, but for support of the 2.39a only.

Please only post AES 2.39a related issues here in this thread, no request for future release!

AES 2.39a asks user to pay 2 credits again for FlyTampa Athens v1.5 even if the previous version of the airport was activated.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open AES 2.39a.

2. Go to Activation of Airports.

3. On the LGAV line, click at the left-most column to disable AES for LGAV. It will display "OFF" in that column, but the whole line will still be green and with the indication "FULL" at the right-most column.

4. Click Save changes and close window.

5. Click exit program.

6. Uninstall previous version of FlyTampa Athens.

7. Make sure the two FlyTampa-Athens (plain and _LC) directories in Addon Scenery do not exist.

8. Install new version of FlyTampa Athens.

9. Run the configurator.

10. On the general tab select July.

11. On the Athens tab, uncheck all checkboxes. Also select FlyTampa runway lighting.

12. Close the configurator.

13. Go to scenery.cfg and put AES again on top.

14. Open AES 2.39a again.

Here, a messagebox should be displayed indicated that there is an airport in FULL mode but turned OFF, and asking the user to re-activate it.

The messagebox does NOT display.

15. Go to Activation of Airports.

The LGAV entry is displayed in BLUE (not in green) and in DEMO (not FULL).

Expected behavior:

In 14. the messagebox should be displayed.

In 15. (if the user clicks No in the 14. messagebox), the LGAV entry should be in GREEN and in FULL mode.

Ok when I first seen AES 2.39a being Release. why is not working still on FSX STEAM EDITION. Can you please do something about it. I am pretty sure everything could be fixes. we wanted to be more happy instead of complaining more often. 

everything else fixes on addons but why AES cannot be fixes it makes no since at all. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Rami, 

This has been discussed and answered multiple times here in the forums. By taking a quick look into the topic list you would have found at least this one:

AES not for FSX:SE

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/96606-aes-not-for-fsxse/&do=findComment&comment=688324

KLIA2 has been released a few days ago. Will there be an update in the next few days or only in the next version? Also will it be free or one more credit?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please, there is a clearly visible hint in the first post: this is a support topic for the current (2.39a) version. For everything else open your own topic, or for airport requests, there is already one to take yours.

Please only post AES 2.39a related issues here in this thread, no request for future release!

It's very sad that in this update there are only 2 airports supported in FS2004, when in the topic "Airport request" there are a lot of suggestions for FS9 sceneries that are waiting for AES support...

AES 2.39a asks user to pay 2 credits again for FlyTampa Athens v1.5 even if the previous version of the airport was activated.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open AES 2.39a.

2. Go to Activation of Airports.

3. On the LGAV line, click at the left-most column to disable AES for LGAV. It will display "OFF" in that column, but the whole line will still be green and with the indication "FULL" at the right-most column.

4. Click Save changes and close window.

5. Click exit program.

6. Uninstall previous version of FlyTampa Athens.

7. Make sure the two FlyTampa-Athens (plain and _LC) directories in Addon Scenery do not exist.

8. Install new version of FlyTampa Athens.

9. Run the configurator.

10. On the general tab select July.

11. On the Athens tab, uncheck all checkboxes. Also select FlyTampa runway lighting.

12. Close the configurator.

13. Go to scenery.cfg and put AES again on top.

14. Open AES 2.39a again.

Here, a messagebox should be displayed indicated that there is an airport in FULL mode but turned OFF, and asking the user to re-activate it.

The messagebox does NOT display.

15. Go to Activation of Airports.

The LGAV entry is displayed in BLUE (not in green) and in DEMO (not FULL).

Expected behavior:

In 14. the messagebox should be displayed.

In 15. (if the user clicks No in the 14. messagebox), the LGAV entry should be in GREEN and in FULL mode.

Can you offer other help related to this as I cannot get the LGAV entry to turn to GREEN and Full.  In my AES help for FSx and looking at all addins, I see an entry for FlyTamps Athens X in RED with 2 credits assigned.  When I try to turn this on there is a message box telling me that this entry is not found in add-on scenery (which it is not and is a reference to the old FlyTamp folder structure.  So  I remain in demo mode.

Thanks

Dom

I had the same issue, 2 credits and DEMO version, ( have at the moment no credits).

I checked the LGAV then press the "Credits" button. Got the message  that the number of credits has not changed as the update is credit  free.

Ticked yes when asked ( if AES want to use your credits than you can always cancel.)

Everything went smoothly.

Good luck.

Hi Oliver,

Thanks a lot for the 4 France VFR airports .

AES is more present in France now ,and it's a pleasure for us.

I have transmit this good information on the France VFR forum as soon it's possible.

Congratulation for this job.

Cordialy.

Didier

Dear Oliver,

With this version I got a problem with the scenery ImagineSim KDTW in FS2004.

So you can see I became this error message and I don't understand this.

I try to unstall the scenery and re-install it but it isn't works.

What I doing wrong or maybe small bug into this version. :)

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Dear Oliver,

With this version I got a problem with the scenery ImagineSim KDTW in FS2004.

So you can see I became this error message and I don't understand this.

I try to unstall the scenery and re-install it but it isn't works.

What I doing wrong or maybe small bug into this version. :)

Please login to display this image.

To identify the scenery, AES will seach for specific Filename, in case of Imaginesim KDTW are that to Texture files named "imagine001.bmp" and "kdtw001.bmp", which I would only expect in the <FS9>\Imaginesim\KDTW Detroit\Texture folder.

In your case, this two files seames to be also in the Texture Subfolder of the other two directories you see in the message window. I don't know where they come from and why they are there.

Dear Oliver,

Really thanks for your quickly replay.

This was really the problem. :)

With 836 sceneries installed, I don't know why this files came into this folder.

Maybe small mistake from me.

• OPabst locked and unpinned this topic

Archived