Distances when building and planning a route

Good morning,

When buiding a route through the route manager I do not enter SID or STAR to avoid too many unecessary entries on the OFP; instead I enter values CIRCUIT IN and OUT like on the shown example. Anyway as there are airports without SID or STAR we have to take the procedures into consideration that way.

Now when I plan a flight I found out that despite these IN and OUT values are saved on the route, they do not appear anymore as shown below.

Knowing that it is the same for the route and for the alternate, if you have to divert and did not check that these values are not there anymore, you get into trouble which happened to me recently and at first I could not find out why I was so short of petrol after landing at the Altn.

Would they be a way that when building a route we would get the same route and keep these values in the OFP without the need of entering the IN and OUT each time?

Thank you if someone has the answer,

Regards,

JP

Please login to display this image.

If you edit the Airport files and enter the circuit distances there, save your route without SID/STAR then when planning it should just pick up the circuits.

Stephen,

Unfortunately it does not work and it could not be feasible for a very simple reason: the extra distances are only specific to one specific route but not an airport.

In my example, coming from the East (VQPR) the initial entry point would be DOLAL, then following DOLA1R gives an extra 43 nm as DOLAL dct KTR. By the way DOLA1R is on the Jeppesen charts but not on the database because it is a specific route used only by few companies and need a special authorization. Navigraph does not have access to it so far.

But coming from the South through ROMEO, it is straight to the Rwy 02 and does not need to enter a value for a circuit IN.

I found a way out as explained in my attachments following 1, 2 and 3.

It is not the best way but it works.

So do you think it should be possible to have the exact route as saved (including the circuit IN and OUT) to be entered directly with these values when computing the flight?

JP

Try using the Route Editor and assign the circuit distances as required, these are saved with the route.

I did that with nearly all my routes and, I agree, they are saved with the route.

But when we compute the plan, it does not show unless I do the trick mentionned in my above #4 post.

JP

When I create a new flight here VQPR-VNKT the saved route is depicted along with the circuit distances inserted automatically, these distances are then included on compute.

Archived