unlock 60 fps

joefly64

Hi,I need unlock my fps (60) ,I have venetubo tweak with my nvidia card gtx 970 exoc , i have also Vsync in fsx.cfg and nvidia inspector 1/2 freshrate,I have monitor 60HZ.

my pc:windows 7 64 bit,I5 4670 3,4 ghz to 3.8 ghz,motherboard:Asrock B85 Pro4,nvidia GTX 970 Exoc 4 gb ram,ram 16gb,1 tb harddisk.

I would like unlock my fps (60) 

• Deputy Sheriffs

So you have to check your settings in the Nvidia inspector, as there is also am option to limit fps

I think with Vsync You limit FPS to Your monitors refresh rate.

I doubt Your "flight" experience will be much enhanced above 60 fps since that's the limit of Your monitor anyway.

The best FSX tweak I know is to never look at any FPS readings - we tend to focus too much on that rather than if the fps we can achieve are stutter free (which is something else than fps).

Finn

Ok,infact I have 60fps but when I fly in an airport like aerosoft,flytampa ect.. the fps are low (20/25/30 too depends),maybe I must change my mothercard?

• Deputy Sheriffs

It is totally normal in FSX when you fly into big scenery or heavy weather that it can't keep up with the FPS. Please keep in mind that FSX is a 10 year software which can't be compared with nowadays high end games.

• Aerosoft

A few years back we done exhaustive testing about how people perceive FPS. At an event we showed them three systems, one running a set 18 fps, one at 28 fps and one unlimited running around 55 fps. They could fly them and then tell us what was what. Results were amazing.

5% of people had all three right (isn't that actually LOWER than randomly selecting?)
28% of people had two right
Can't remember the rest but I know there were more people with all wrong then one right.

As Finn wrote, NOT looking at FPS is the easiest way to speed up your sim. 

Archived