auto-throttle abnormal variations during flight

Hello !

I did update yesterday my A318/A319/320/321 to the latest version and I had a real problem : the A/T does not work correctly it varies in power every second and cannot maintain a correct flight attitude, making the plane go and stop every second ???? something wrong there ???

Thanks Tom for your very prompt answer.

No I think I didn't.

the update  link which was proposed  by  SimMarket for the aerosoft airbus series has been posted in last April, 

And  the hotfix Service pack3 (1.30) you propose seems to be subsequent so it may effectively fix the trouble.

I will try it and tell you about

otherwise it does work fine with P3Dv2.5  (i mean the A/T etc... no problem there.).

Please login to display this image.

Hello tom,

the problem IS NOT SOLVED AT ALL !!!

I did  PURCHASE AND download the last version Oof AIRBUS SERIES BUNDLE 318/319/320/321 on aerosoft site TODAY !!! so i suppose it includes the hotfix ???

I did uninstall the previous version I had and reinstall a complete new one and the auto throttle still making on/off variations all time making the plane totally unflyable

;-(((

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Patrick,

no, the latest download version (Service Pack 3, v1.30) does not include the latest hotfix.

That's why I asked you if you have installed it from the given link.

I did unzip the hotfix and extract the FSXmainfolder in the hotfix  to the FSX main folder.???. but it didn't ask me to overwrite any folders..... but nothing is improved. may be not doing the copying in the right folders ???

please can you explain me more precisely how to install this damned hotfix ??

I will be gratefull to you to help me solving this problem shortly....

thanks per advance

Patrick

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Patrick,

not getting asked if it should overwrite anything is a clear sign that the files were not copied into the correct folders.

Within the hotfix zip file are two folders:

• "FSXMainFolder" which contains two other folders: "Aerosoft" and "SimObjects". Copy them both into your FSX mainfolder, e.g. D:\FSX\"
  • "UserFolder" which contains a folder "My Documents". The containing "Aerosoft" folder belongs into your personal documents folder, e.g. C:\Users\YourName\Documents\"

But it really is important that you also follow the other steps from the instruction given in the hotfix topic. The above is step 4 and 5.

Installation

1. Close FSX/P3D.
  2. Reboot your system
  3. Login with Administration rights
  4. Unpack the attached zip to a folder on your system. You will find two folders, FSXMainFolder and UserFolder
  5. Copy the content of the FSXMainFolder to your FSX/P3D main folder.
  6. Overwrite all existing files.
  7. If you are NOT asked if files can be overwritten you are most likely not copying to the correct folder.

• Deputy Sheriffs

These A/T oscillation problems don't show up for everyone in every sim, otherwise they would have never ever made it through the beta testing of service pack 3.

Tom I have a doubt just one more info please :  to copy the FSXMainfolder from the hotfix files , should I open the file and copy each one separately in the FSX corresponding folder, i.e simObjects > Airplanes > Aerosoft Airbus A318 CFM etc... or should I copy only the root folder into FSX  i.e SimObjects > SimObjects and Aeroisoft > Aerosoft???

Sorry to ask so much precisions....

• Deputy Sheriffs

Patrick, nothing's wrong with asking questions before messing things up ;) 

You don't need to copy file by file. Just copy the the three mentioned folders "Aerosoft" and "SimObject" from the "FSXMainFolder" into your FSX folder. And the same with the "Aerosoft" folder from the "UserFolder\My Documents" into your own documents folder.

By doing so, all including sub folders and files will be copied as well.

You can of course copy also every single file separately, but that's not necessary.

Damned ! :-((

it still doesn't work !

A/T oscillations are still present with FSX although I did unzip and copy the hotfix files  to the FSX main folder correctly ( I believe so)...

I do not understand the reason of such a problem,

the a/c is totally unflyable....

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did you also copy the other folder? 

All others who reported this problem also reported back that the hotfix worked for them. 

Yes I copied the Hotfix "Aerosoft" an "SimObjects" folders to the FSX main folder and the User Folder to my documents folder in the way it is explained hereabove.

Something curious is that it didn't ask me to overwrite any file during this installation.

I wil try again  by totally  uninstalling the Airbus Series from the FSX  and re-installing the last version of the Addon + the hotfix 1.30 (f).

Do you know if  there are any "old" DLL.files  from Airbus Extended which can remain active in the FSX and cause some conflict with the new add-on ?

Many Thanks to you again Tom,

• Deputy Sheriffs

After uninstalling the bus you should go through your fsx/airplanes, fsx/simobjects and documents/aerosoft folder to check if every folder having the name of the bus in it was really removed. If not, just do it manually before installing again. 

ok I'll try to do so.

uninstalling all extended old files ( including probable DLL;airbus files) and re-installing the add-on + the hotfix.

I will keep you informed.

PS the customer service from aerosoft did answer very "...unprecisely..." to my request, 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Tom,

Well, after un-installing FSX and re-installing FSX with acceleration pack, then installing the Airbus from the CD-ROM and correctly patched it with the current last hotfix nothing is improved.

just the same bug.

FADEC instability with continuous variation of engine power makes the a/c not flyable.

I am trying to post you a video of this unfortunate issue....

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Patrick,

I am sorry to hear that. Can you please confirm that you are on 1.30F (Service Pack 3 plus Hotfix F)?

While copying the content of the two sub folders of the hotifx, have you been asked both times to overwrite files?

Unfortunately I was trying to send you a video zip file post to see the problem but the file is more than 49 Mb.

M. Kok himself didn't found a way to solve this issue.

" fully understand all other addons work but to get the FADEC working as it should we are using some things that were not done by others. So it could very well be we are using parts of your system that other add-ons do not use.

I do not think the box will do any good as the current box version is 1.20 if I am correct, not the 1.30f we are currently on. We make new DVD's every 6 months and for these kinds of products they are always behind.

Fact remains that we simply know the issue can be solved. It just involves a clean install. We test all our releases on clean machines with fresh installs. It is just bad advise because of what it involves. But if tens of thousands of people so NOT have an issue and you have, it is about the only thing we can say.

With greetings,
Mathijs Kok"

But after having re-installing all the FSX + acceleration it does exactly the same.... !:wacko:

I would like to get some help from aerosoft developer on line ( for example using team viewer) to share my screen and let them do some check there but they do not agree to do so.

That's the way ! so I resumed to re-install the last versions of airbus extended 320-321 and the 1.10 of airbus 318/319....

So far... So many hours on that... just going on another way or changing to another product.:blink:

Anyway thank you for your kindest help. If you hear some news about this issue please update to me.

With kindest regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Patrick, 

all I can say at the moment is, that the hotfix worked for many users who had the oscillation problem. I for example never experienced it on my machine. 

Maybe the upcoming SP4 will fix it finally for you too... 

About the video: you should upload it to YouTube and the just link it here. 

Archived