Configuration does not save.

Hi. If I go back to change a setting in aircraft configuration...it resets them all...if i make one mistake...all my work is lost..

also...i have a virus and i have to wipe my system ... i dont want to have to do every aircraft over again one setting at a time when i reinstall...is there a file in aes that i can save that will always have my settings? thanks.

• Developer

Save all files with ending *.DAT placed in the <FS>\Aerosoft\AES Mainfolder before your resinstall the system.

Don't install the FS below the default folder c:\Program files..., as so you my get problems with the UAC and the virtual store, which is maybe the reason for your config reset problem.

Better use a other drive then c: or a folder like C:\FSX for the install of the sim.

After you have installed the FS and all the Addons, create the FS\Aerosoft\AES folder manually and place the saved *.DAT Files there, then run the AES installer.

All configs should be back then.

Archived