Majestic Software Q400 Flight plan export option?

Is it a plan to get a MJC flgihtplan export tool on the PFPX next version?

I fly alot Q400 but miss a flightplan export option so I can load the FPL right in the FMC..

Hope it is possible to plan something with that :)

• 3 months later...

We´ve just contacted the developers and are awaiting their response.

Brgds, Judith

Hello Judith!

Are you going to add the majestic d8 export f-plan function?

Regards!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

I've been a member of the Majestic Beta Team for over 5 years. This aircraft uses a custom data base which is vastly different (and very complex) which makes exporting flight plans not only much different than other flight plan formats, but extremely difficult.  I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's improbable.

The Dash 8 is a short range aircraft, thus flight plans are not as long as they can be with other aircraft. Additionally, the input method makes entering a flight plan faster than other FMS variants.  Given both of these, and that we may never seen a flight planner export function for the Dash, I would just enter the flight plans manually.  If you have questions or problems with how to enter the flight plans, I would be very happy to help.

Best wishes and Happy Flights!

Well Dave you are absolutely right,

I mentioned that way of doing it quite sometime ago saying it would take between 30 seconds to 1'30" to enter a full route into the FMS. Something else is that when you have enter your Fpl you can save it for future use.

It is true that the Universal FMS is quite different than Airbus or Boeing FMS but when you know how to use it it is fairly quick to enter a Fpl and much easier.

Regards,

JP

• 1 month later...

Since I find it very boring to type flight plans into the Dash 8 FMC and I always committed a number of typing errors I did look around and found this freeware http://up2sky.dyndns.org/FPRConverter/index.php

It is quite easy to use and serves the purpose. So far I exported from FS Commander a XMS file which I then converted with this tool. Another way is to copy the actual route into an input field and convert this to a suitable file in the Dash 8 route subdirectory.

If I am not mistaken this freeware has been written by Bernd Laass a "tiny" hobby-programmer. Therefore I wonder a bit why a "giant" like Aerosoft is not able or not willing to include the Dash 8 Q400.

Archived