Regional Aircraft

With v1.22 now released I've uploaded a zip to the Downloads section containing files for several regional types, for folks using FSX/P3D and Xplane.

v1.00 includes JS32, JS41, B1900D, CRJ, Q400 (a new version to my old file bundled with PFPX), EMB110, EMB145 and F70.

Copy into the AircraftTypes folder and they can be installed as normal.

Jon

Hi Seb. No, anything I release in public from hereon will be in encrypted format. You can apply fuel biasing, taxi and approach allowances, adjust weights and do all the normal tweaking a user might need within PFPX without needing to see the original text data. If anyone thinks there's an error somewhere let me know and I can certainly check the data.

Cheers
Jon

Folks,

Just to clear up some confusion the .per files are treated in exactly the same way as .txt aircraft performance files. Once extracted from the download zip file they should be placed into the AircraftTypes subfolder in the PFPX Data folder on your system. The aircraft can then be added to PFPX through the Aircraft Manager/Add New Aircraft menu selection, and you can customise aircraft specifics (weights, etc) within PFPX as normal.

These .per files contain exactly the same data as the equivalent .txt files, the only difference from a user perspective is that the underlying data isn't visible as plain text.

THE .PER FILES WILL ONLY WORK WITH PFPX VERSIONS 1.22 OR LATER

I'll post an updated zip sometime soon adding Prop flags and then we'll see how the likes of Razbam, McPhat and PMDG are progressing with their props in development.

Cheers
Jon

Folks,

Just to clear up some confusion the .per files are treated in exactly the same way as .txt aircraft performance files. Once extracted from the download zip file they should be placed into the AircraftTypes subfolder in the PFPX Data folder on your system. The aircraft can then be added to PFPX through the Aircraft Manager/Add New Aircraft menu selection, and you can customise aircraft specifics (weights, etc) within PFPX as normal.

These .per files contain exactly the same data as the equivalent .txt files, the only difference from a user perspective is that the underlying data isn't visible as plain text.

THE .PER FILES WILL ONLY WORK WITH PFPX VERSIONS 1.22 OR LATER

I'll post an updated zip sometime soon adding Prop flags and then we'll see how the likes of Razbam, McPhat and PMDG are progressing with their props in development.

Cheers
Jon

Jon, how come the .PER files are so small? The usual .txt file has hundreds of KB or even exceeds 1 MB.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jon,

Thanks very much for these performance files, particularly for the JS41 which has been sort after by many for a long time. So far flying with the PMDG JS41 I find the fuel calcs to be pretty close to my actual values in flight so job well done with this.

I do have one small request though with the JS41 performance file. As we can't edit these ourselves would it be possible for you to change the engine value from "ALLIED SIGNAL TPE331-14 (1500SHP)" to just "TPE331-14". This will bring the formatting inline with most other aircraft however the main reason though is to help with the OFP output as a long engine value throws out the formatting for a few templates I use.

This is an extremely minor issue however it would be appreciated if you considered it.

Regards,
Serge

G'day Jon,

Thanks very much for that. Much appreciated.

You must have some good contacts mate. Data for the JS41 is impossible to find. ;)

Cheers,
Serge

• 1 year later...
On 10/7/2015 at 5:30 PM, BW901 said:

With v1.22 now released I've uploaded a zip to the Downloads section containing files for several regional types, for folks using FSX/P3D and Xplane.

v1.00 includes JS32, JS41, B1900D, CRJ, Q400 (a new version to my old file bundled with PFPX), EMB110, EMB145 and F70.

Copy into the AircraftTypes folder and they can be installed as normal.

Jon

I don't see this file on download section.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived