FSX Jetways hijacked by Aerosoft/AES

Im bringing up this old thread I found , because No one will answer my questions about activation on the "Nice" Scenery forum. As said before I bought as a returner from 2006, An A320 jetliner, Nice Cote d'zar scenery along with the Monaco x scenery. I was just about to order the A318/319 from Amazon uk at a cost of £39, but now Aerosoft WONT be getting my money, because they are close to, or have broke UK consumer trading laws.

Aerosoft far from being helpful, called one complainer as making "libelous" comments. Actually as a begginer( but a retired trading standards advisor) it should be the other way round. I cant activate any of these scenerys, without buying credits. it doesnt say that in the descriptions on Amazon uk site or Sim Shack where I bought these from. Aerosoft are guilty of not playing a fair game under trading standards law. If a scenery is bought and paid for as being fit for purpose, and "does NOT" make it clear from the description that "you will have to pay credits" on top of your purchase to use the Airport fully, that is actually an illegal practice. Im stuck with a Nice Airport where the jetways dont work, the ILS 4L position is faulty making planes land 300 meters before the runway threshold on 109.950ILS frequency, and the Monaco x is nothing like described on the front of the DVD In fact even though the complexity has been maxed as suggested, tops of buildings in Monaco look l more like a desert roof, with absolutly no texture of tarmac, concrete or brick at all.

I have plenty of Uk2000 scenery addons of North England Where I live, and there is no requirement that says i have to purchase credits to activate the jetway.

If UK2000 can sell a fully intergrated working Airport as per paid for, Aerosoft can do the same. Its totally unacceptable that This AES thing is needed,especially if you already own GSX after paying , what you thought you were getting, which was a full product, with no catches. As I see it, from a purely legal viewpoint. Aerosoft is selling scenery DVDs and not informing customers that these Airports Wont work as advertised on the box without making it clear in the text, that This Airport requires a "payment of up to 10 credits" to unlock an Airport's jetways, that should in all genuine purchases have already been unlocked on activation of the serial number.

There is no doubt in my mind as having some experience in the field, that Aerosoft have some work to do here, to mend broken trust in the company. In fact my copy of Nice X, bought through Amazon.uk has German text on the DVD box, instead of English, so as I cant read German I would be unaware anyway, even IF, it was stated, that you have to pay extra to make this airport work correctly. There is also the other factor of a missing piece of software with my purchases called an "Aerosoft launcher", I am not aware of it or have it on my XP computer? I would also like to Know where I find how many credits I have earnt since my 3 purchases in the last 3 weeks?

Mathijs Kok should be apologising to customers who unwittingly have been sold unusable Airports: There will no apology from me: the original poster was quite correct in his appraisal of feeling he was being sold short.

• Aerosoft

Of course AES can not 'hijack' elements of other scenery. It always adds features, never removes any. I believe you are mistaken on how it actually works.

For all our own products we make it clear that AES is used to animate the jetways. If the products of other companies use AES I suggest you speak to them. They decided to use AES, we did not. We only make those decisions for our own products. Animated gates are one of the many features the FSX game engine offers. We decided not to use one of them, just as we decided not to use dozens of other features. You also are not 'forced' to spend any more money. It's an option.

If Amazon sold you an incorrect product I suggest you speak to them. Or better, just return it! We do not run Amazons warehouses.

If you feel we violated UK law I suggest you start a procedure. We'll await the documents.

Archived