DR400 P Factor / Dihedral

Hello there!

Just doing a little research.

I'd like to buy the Aerosoft DR400, as I fly the aircraft in the real world. A friend has demo-ed it to me, and it's a very faithful rendition.

I did notice the the need for right rudder on full power takeoff and climb, which is perfect - however this continued into cruise, with power at 2300rpm. Normally, this AC is trimmed for cruise, at least - the ones I fly are.

Which led me to this: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/64700-left-turning-tendancies-of-dr400/, and I noticed that "dth" was gently pointing out the same issue on 11th Feb 2013 - 1734

"Regarding the left tendency I can tell you, that the Robin needs a good portion of right foot at start, less at climb and none at cruise"

I carried on reading, and notice you've released a patch to remove the tendency altogether - which is useful, however... is there any middle ground on keeping the tendency at take off and climb, with no rudder input required at cruise / 2300rpm?

I did read Joachim's reply about the rudder trimtab - and that makes sense.

Did the "much reduced left turning Robin" ever arrive?

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mike Freeman

Hi Mike,

just do not install the patch and fly the modern looking Robin in the package. (HB-KBR)

It should represent the flight characteristics you're searching for.

Info: After a complete technical overhaul of the reference plane, it flies straight in cruise now since late 2013, however the model represents the behaviour of the "old D-EVEM". Just belive me, it was the same as in the simulator. Right foot, left aileron...

Bests, Joachim

Archived