FSX aerosoft and PMDG increase performance on system

rb120134

Hi,

I have a question, I play FSX and I have the aerosoft airbus a320/a321 and the PMDG 737ngx installed,

Specs:

Intel Pentium 2.9Ghz dual core g645

4gb RAM

Nvidia geforce 8600gt 256mb VRAM

Windows 7 64 bit

Does anyone have some tips or some cfg tweaks to increase performance. I know I have a really weak system.

I play FSX at 1920*1080 resolution, global texture quality very high, anti aliasing on, anisotropic filtering on, all plane shadows off, all scenery sliders to left except the buildings density and autogen are set to normal,

traffic 0%(no cars, no planes) and clouds are off. Surprisingly even at these settings for some reason the airbus runs pretty smooth, the PMDG is lagging a bit more.

I find that strange because my video card is not good enough for either of these planes but still the aerosoft airbus runs smooth enough for a comfortable flight. The PMDG stutters a bit every now and then.

Wow, your system is really really weak. Try to get a new one. ^^

The next thing: autogen one position to the left. Maybe that helps?

Can you show screenshots of your settings pages?
This will surely help to determine if there's something you could do.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Also, the Aerosoft Airbus requires much less for resources because it's intentially designed to just present the functions you'd encounter in a routine flight. The NGX is far more complex because it's designed to simulate virtually all systems failures and abnormals. Therefore, the NGX requires much more of your system. One's not better than the other, they just aim at different markets. For a given set of settings, you'll get more frames from the Airbus.

As Emi says, though, seeing a screenshot of your settings might reveal a place to try changing.

A final suggestion: Take a look at PMDG's dedicated support forum for the NGX on Avsim here. Searching there may help you too.

Archived