Zurich performance

Hello everyone.

How would mega airport Zurich perform on my system(fps). I run an Intel i5@2.90 ghz; GT 740. Fsx at moderate settings; using payware aircraft, AES/GSX, and 80% UT2.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not that good, I have had a similar system in the past i7-3770 and gt 670 and it was bad, mostly FPS were below 20.. I would say average at around 14 fps

• 2 months later...

Agree, I seem to be having an issue with Zurich V2 1.01 performance also, lots of stutters  ... it does look impressive.  I'll dig around and see if I can find the source of the stutters and/or FPS drop.  The odd thing about the performance issue is that turning down graphics settings doesn't seem to make any difference (tested in P3D V2.5).

Cheers, Rob.

On my testsystem the performance with Zurich V2 was better than with the first one, but it might vary depending on the systems and simulator in use.

Hello -

I had a similar experience with v2 1.01 as Rob describes it; depending on where I turn fps would drop by 5 fps (or more). I consequently turned off the landside traffic and firefighter in the traffic control panel and I'm back to "reasonable" frames for a hi-end airport (25-30fps). P3D v3 that is with FTX Global and openLC Europe. Graphics settings pretty much max'ed out (4k res) and autogen at very dense.

On my rig, the performance is also very bad, significantly lower compared to FSDT Zurich (unfair comparison, I know). I will also see if turning off landside traffic helps anything, although it is a pity to turn this off, as it is a great value for immersion.

To be fair, I think for the amount of detail of the airport and traffic that is going on on the apron the fps are reasonable. Plus the NGX that likes to plummet fps anyway I think we have quite a nice performer here :).

Archived