AES not for FSX:SE

Appliance,

I bought a few of these airports to find things like jetways will not work, so bought AES as it was recommended on here to work, then found I was sitched up by not supporting SE., and worse of all SimMarket refuse to refund me, as they don't want Aerosoft to loose money. I guess I will have to suck it up and pray they get a SE version in my lifetime!

Helix1250 said "then found I was sitched up by not supporting SE., and worse of all SimMarket refuse to refund me"

Another example of not taking responsibility for ones own actions, I'm afraid.

You agree, by ticking a box while making a purchase at simMarket, that all sales are firm and final and no refund will be given. I you don't agree with that the transaction won't proceed. You agreed ... no refund is due ... don't whinge ... instead learn.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sadly this company isn't in the UK, if this company WAS UK based they would be in breach of the consumer rights act.

Yes, a customer has rights. But he also has dues! Reading a contract before signing it is one them.

An excerpt from the simMarket AES page:

REQUIREMENTS
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator X with SP2 or Acceleration Pack (the DirectX preview is not supported) or
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 (Version 9.1
  • Windows 98, 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista
  • Pentium 1.5 GHz
  • 512 Mb RAM
  • Sound card
  • Adobe Acrobat® Reader 5 minimal to read and print the manual (1)
  • Installation Size: 122 MB

Where exactly is the promise they made to you and that they are not keeping now?

If you are not sure before buying a product if it is supported by the platform you are using you can always ask upfront (the manufacturer, the reseller, a forum or even Google).

• Developer

AES is based on a technology developed by Vistamare called Intelliscene, which is only available for Microsoft FS2004 and FSX SP2/ACC, but not for FSX Steam or P3D.

As I have no access to any sources of this Modules and Vistamare is not anymore in Business, I have no chance to make this modules compatible the the other FS version.

I am working on a new way to implement the features of AES with other technologies, but that is a process, where the complete code need to be new developed, that takes time.

AES can be downloaded and tested from the Productpages BEFORE you buy and pay anything for it, so you can see of it works on your environment. When you buy a Creditpack before you have tested it, I could not help.

All is said here, I close this topic.

Archived