During checklist, AB/Throttle checks sends jet across tarmac

Hobo

Hi,

During C/D start up, anytime the checklist wants to do AB/Throttle checks it sends the jet off across the tarmac and neither having the parking brake set nor my standing on the brakes can keep it from moving or stop it until the engines wind down. Is this how it is supposed to work? If so, how do I get around it because I end up in the weeds each time. It happens whether I adjust throttles manually or just check the box and let the system do it. Thanks.

Hobo

I am using FSX Gold/Acceleration on win7 with paid version of FSUIPC

Throttle checks should just be at MIL thrust? Braking power is a little limited, and was tuned to the feel when decelerating after touchdown. However, activating the wheel anti-skid should help.

For the post-start "Mach Lev" check, the parking brakes are enough to hold you as the RPM should rise on it's own per the check without moving the throttles. I have to look at the real world check, but during the Run-Up check, MIL power seems to be too much unless it is supposed to be done individually. Most mil jets do a line-up check and run the RPMs up to 80-85% on the toe brakes, then release, moving throttles up to MIL or AB during the roll.

• 9 months later...
On Monday, July 06, 2015 at 0:55 PM, Victory103 said:

For the post-start "Mach Lev" check, the parking brakes are enough to hold you as the RPM should rise on it's own per the check without moving the throttles. I have to look at the real world check, but during the Run-Up check, MIL power seems to be too much unless it is supposed to be done individually. Most mil jets do a line-up check and run the RPMs up to 80-85% on the toe brakes, then release, moving throttles up to MIL or AB during the roll.

Yeah, I am not sure what's wrong. Using the check list I guess I expect them to run up and down on its own, but mine just revs up all the way and stays there while I shoot off across the tarmac/runway... Will figure out something. Thanks for all the input.

Archived