Strange altitudes calculation

I wanted to plan a route from EHAM to EDDL, but PFPX calculates a maximum altitude of 5.000 feet and wants me to keep climbing and descending the whole route. What am I doing wrong. I have tried to make a route from EHAM to EGLL and here I had a normal altitude calculation.

post-87945-0-67616500-1435582746_thumb.j

A 'quick route' find with a Dash Q400 assigned results in an optimum FL170 assigned.

Which aircraft are you using and is it a default PFPX file.

How are you planning the flight, a snapshot of the planning page may also help.

Thanks. Tested with other planes and I got a better optimum altitude. I was creating a new aircraft profile for the Saab 304A (X-Plane) and I made some typo's in the .txt file. After repairing them the altitude calculation seems right.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Glad it works now for you!

But please, for the next time, put a hint that you have made your own template already into your first post.

That would make it more easy to help, as it would be less guessing ;)

• 1 year later...
On 29.06.2015 at 6:27 PM, Wim1976 said:

Thanks. Tested with other planes and I got a better optimum altitude. I was creating a new aircraft profile for the Saab 304A (X-Plane) and I made some typo's in the .txt file. After repairing them the altitude calculation seems right.

maybe you upload your profile saab 340a ? 

Archived