Out of memory issue after update to v131 incl. SP3

Jayberlin

Dear Aerosoft Team, dear community,

since updating to V131 incl. manual copying SP3 FSX shows the following strange behavior: FSX with Aerosoft Airbus loaded terminates with out of memory (RAM) message exactly after 50-60 minutes (no difference wether I fly or just with parked aircraft on ground). I tried several changes to all settings (display/weather/scenery complexity...etc.) but nothing worked. The OOM problem occurs due to FSX as a 32bit application terminates if it's RAM usage reaches 3GB. In fact no setting change works, I ve deinstalled V131/SP3 and went back to V121. Any suggestions or hints way the actual version shows this strange behavior?

Some details: I am using a Mifcom.de machine: win8.1 64bit, i7-4770k system with 8GB RAM, GTX760 (2GB) graphics card.

Brgds,

Julian

Hi Tom,

of course I already use highmemfix. Thanks for that reply but that is not the problem. I assume that there is some recording in background, however the flight recorder is switched off. FSX terminates if it reaches 3GB...The rest 1 GB is used by windows...FSX starts with about 1 GB but loads additional 2GB within 60 minutes before it terminates with the OOM message.

Brgds,

Julian

What version of FSX are you using? On a 64-bit version of Windows, you should definitely be able to access a full 4 GB of VAS memory - The only way you could be getting an OOM at 3GB wound be if you were using a very old version of FSX which has not been updated to SP2 (or Acceleration, which provides much of the same functionality as SP2).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is of course assuming you implemented the HIGHMEMFIX correctly. Check it for typos and make sure it's in the correct section of your FSX.cfg. It should be in the Graphics section.

HelloJRBarret,

I use FSX Professional Edition Blut with all SP 1+2 updaten...and as said: since I go back to version 121 there are no more OOM problems...

Hello EMI,

Yes I have no typo in my *.cfg file and the HIGHMEMFIX in the [GRAPHICS] ...

Brads,

Julian

Ok, can you try going to 1.30f again and see if the problems are gone?

You are really the only customer having this so I suspect it may have been an issue that came up during the installation, etc. that may be solved with the reinstallation you did.

Helle Emi,

Is the SP3 V1.3 version in the download shop inclusive the 1.30f? I did the download shop update then manually copy the 1.3f files in the respective folders as guidance in files told me.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Your shop account provides you with the plain Service Pack 3 (1.30). After installation you still have to apply the latest hotfix.

Your shop account provides you with the plain Service Pack 3 (1.30). After installation you still have to apply the latest hotfix.

Hello Tom,

this is exactly what I have done - last time... guess I will wait until the next update 1.4....1.5 to avoid touble again....the previous version works fine so far....an forum shows me, that I am the only one with such trouble... so I assume, that something went wrong during MY installation... Thanks for your support and best regards from Berlin.

• 8 months later...

Hello

I am having a similar problem. I bought the Airbus bundle A318..A321 ver 1.31. On working through the tutorial fSX crashed after about 40mins when I was still on the menu for the MCDU. On inspection I noticed the memory was creeping up until FSX crashed.

I also had the LevelD 767, Ejets 170/190, Captain Sim 757 and Airbus Evolution installed all of which had a more or less constant memory usage. After several reinstalls of the Airbus I removed FSX and all add ons.

Then upgraded to Win 10 formatted a new partition and reinstalled FSX on this partition on its own, ans installed the FSX service packs. I installed the Airbus and still had the same problem. Then I installed/removed the Airbus with and without RAAS and then applied the usual CFG mods, (highmemfix inc) and still had the same problem, memory creeps up then it comes up with a message as shown on the attachment below. Since then I have reinstalled the Ejets and Airbus Evolution and memory usage is constant with these and stable with no crashes. However the Aerosoft Airbus continues to eat memory, when sat on the ground without me touching FSX until it fails after about 35-40mins so can not fly anywhere before FSX crashes.  

Also just sat on the ground  with the APU running the sound seems "choppy" untill just before FSX crashes when it seems to sound "normal".

So basically before installing the Airbus system was stable and no issues with other addons and still is but the Airbus causes FSX to crash after 40min.

My system has 8 gig of ram, ivybridge 3770K 3.5GHz CPU, 4GB R9 290 card and FSX is installed on a disk partition with no other programs. All drivers are up to date

Unlike Jayberlin above I do not have the option to downgrade.

Attached is a pdf showing memory usage just after loading the Airbus, with APU started, and the second screenshot is when is fails.  

Basically on startup

Task manager says overall Memory usage is 65% 1793MB and process explorer says Virtual size 2611MB Private bytes 2076MB

On crashing after 35min without touching FSX

Task manager says overall Memory usage is 62% 2057MB and process explorer says Virtual size 4049MB Private bytes 3401MB also shown is the error message 

Any suggestions? 

Aibus Memory usage .pdf

• Deputy Sheriffs

First of all please attach screenshots only as jpg.

OOM is always a combination of running too many addons with far to high settings in FSX. Regardless how many RAM you have installed, FSX can only use a total of 4GB. the Airbus is defintely not the one eating up all memory.

Hello Mopperle

Sorry for the pdf did not realise jpg only.

As I stated I reinstalled FSX with no addons whatsoever and only installed the Airbus and it still ran out of memory as memory usage built up over time.. So your comment about too many addons does not apply.

I only mentioned the other addons to say that it was stable and memory did not increase over time whilst flying using those.

Clearly if only the bare FSX is installed with service packs and it does not run out of memory with the "as installed" FSX standard aircraft and I install the Airbus and it then incrementally increases memory usage over time there would logically be an issue with the airbus or the installation and or conflict with my system/FSX/Airbus

Standard FSX no incremental memory increase...Airbus installed creeping incremental memory increase over time OOM error, airbus removed no OOM or incremental memory increase.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Even with FSX alone you can push your system to the limits. Please post screenshots of your FSX settings and your scenery library.  

in your PDF there is a VC++ error message - maybe some corrupted VC++ runtime causing a memory leak.

Try reinstalling the VC++ runtimes

You mention the "usual cfg mods" - what are the "usual" (besides HIGHMEM) ?

Are you using DX9 or 10? - with a 2GB GPU DX9 could eat up lot's of VAS with high graphic setting - especially if you use a high bufferpool setting as GPU RAM is "mirrored" into VAS under DX9

• 1 year later...

Hi, time has passed and i now have a brand new kaby lake pc. I have installed FSX with sp1 & sp2 on its own drive, checked it was stable and installed the Airbus A318/9 and again it crashed after approx 30 min. Whilst sat cold and dark its fine but after starting the APU it crashes after about 30min. I then installed the Blackbox Airbus and E-Jets 170/190 and all is okay no crashes. There are no other addons, scenery or otherwise. Again it is running out of memory only with the airbus

As requested screenshots of scenery library and settings

CFG

[Jobscheduler]
AffinityMask=84 

[SOUND]
AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000
SOUND=1
SOUND_QUALITY=2
SOUND_LOD=0
UISound=1
AmbientUI=0
SOUND_FADER1=0.500000
SOUND_FADER2=0.500000
SOUND_FADER3=0.500000
SOUND_FADER4=0.500000
AmbientUIMusic=FSX01
PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}
VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}

[Display]
ChangeTime=4.000000
TransitionTime=4.000000
ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255
ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64
NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255
NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64
InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0
InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0
InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255
InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128
InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255
InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128
InfoBrakesEnable=True
InfoParkingBrakesEnable=True
InfoPauseEnable=True
InfoSlewEnable=True
InfoStallEnable=True
InfoOverspeedEnable=True
BLOOM_EFFECTS=0
SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30
WideViewAspect=True

[Main]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
HideMenuNormal=0
HideMenuFullscreen=1
ProcSpeed=7346
PerfBucket=7
Maximized=0
Location=5,0,6076,1057,\\.\DISPLAY1
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.15

[PANELS]
IMAGE_QUALITY=1
QUICKTIPS=1
PANEL_OPACITY=100
PANEL_MASKING=1
PANEL_STRETCHING=1
UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0
DEFAULT_VIEW=0

[Weather]
WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1
MinGustTime=10
MaxGustTime=500
MinGustRampSpeed=1
MaxGustRampSpeed=200
MinVarTime=5
MaxVarTime=50
MinVarRampSpeed=10
MaxVarRampSpeed=75
TurbulenceScale=1.000000
WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.com
WeatherServerPort=80
WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0
AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1
DynamicWeather=2
DownloadWindsAloft=0
DisableTurbulence=0
CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=5
DETAILED_CLOUDS=1
CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8
THERMAL_VISUALS=0

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070.0]
Mode=6094x1080x32
Anisotropic=1
AntiAlias=1

[CONTROLS]
Controls_Default=Standard
Controls_Current=Standard
KBDAIL=64
KBDELEV=64
KBDRUD=64

[TextInfo.1]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

[TextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
LockedFrameRate=1,2
GForce=1,3
FuelPercentage=1,4
[TextInfo.3]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6
FrameRate=2,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
GForce=2,3
FuelPercentage=2,4

[SlewTextInfo.1]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
[SlewTextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
LockedFrameRate=1,2

[SlewTextInfo.3]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
AirSpeed=1,5
FrameRate=2,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2

[DynamicHeadMovement]
LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000
LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000
RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000
YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000
RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000
MaxHeadAngle=5.000000
MaxHeadOffset=0.300000
HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000

[VirtualCopilot]
VirtualCopilotActive=1

[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693458432
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096
NUM_LIGHTS=8
AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
AC_SELF_SHADOW=1
EFFECTS_QUALITY=1
GROUND_SHADOWS=0
TEXTURE_QUALITY=3
IMAGE_QUALITY=0
See_Self=1
Text_Scroll=1
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693458432
D3D10=0

[USERINTERFACE]
PageID=1
SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0
PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0
PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1
SITUATION=c:\users\ian\documents\flight simulator x files\TEST.FLT
Map_Orientation=2
ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1
SelectAircraftManufacturer=All
SelectAircraftPublisher=Aerosoft
SelectAircraftType=All
OpenATCOnCreate=0
DisplayFuelAsWeight=1

[ATC]
ShowATCText=1
COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFF
COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6
COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21B
COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00
COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840
AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=0
UsePilotVoice=1
PilotVoice=0
[PointOfInterestSystem]
CycleSetting=0

[SCENERY]
LENSFLARE=0
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=1

[TrafficManager]
AirlineDensity=5
GADensity=5
FreewayDensity=0
ShipsAndFerriesDensity=10
LeisureBoatsDensity=15
IFROnly=0
AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=1

[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=4.500000
MESH_COMPLEXITY=50
MESH_RESOLUTION=18
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=23
AUTOGEN_DENSITY=1
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1
WATER_EFFECTS=3

[AContain]
ShowLabels=1
ShowUserLabel=0
ShowLabelManufacturer=0
ShowLabelModel=1
ShowLabelTailNumber=0
ShowLabelDistance=0
ShowLabelAltitude=0
ShowLabelAirline=0
ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0
ShowLabelFlightPlan=0
ShowLabelContainerId=0
ShowLabelAirspeed=0
ShowLabelHeading=0
LabelDelay=1000
LabelColor=FFFF0000

[INTERNATIONAL]
ASLAT=2
ASLON=0
MEASURE=0

[REALISM]
PFactor=1.000000
Torque=1.000000
GyroEffect=1.000000
CrashTolerance=1.000000
General=1.000000
UnlimitedFuel=False
TrueAirspeed=False
AutoCoord=False
RealMixture=True
StressDamage=False
GEffect=False
ManualLights=False
GyroDrift=False
CrashWithDyn=False
CrashDetection=False
AutoTrim=False

[SIM]
SYSCLOCK=0

[STARTUP]
DEMO=0
SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1
STARTUP_DEMO=
LoadWindow=1

[FACILITIES]
COUNTRY=
STATE=
CITY=
GTL_BUTTON=1385

[Misc]
Com_Rate=7

[Trusted]
F:\Flightsim\GAUGES\737-400.DLL.hneulobthrwbalkhzwtiiaohkauzcinazbuolazi=2
F:\Flightsim\Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll.uizrbbwewtcltbrhkeqtblknrtnalllzwlzucqtl=1
F:\Flightsim\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll.tckbbrbkubzwettqnqqhehobwrznohbzkeqwokkb=1
F:\Flightsim\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll.hrquitkbzluiatukubnznberrhcobllroaooilwe=1
F:\Flightsim\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/DLLs/FMGS.DLL.tccznkuouiakcnetrbqtbtqbutkzlennbzozlban=2
F:\Flightsim\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/Airbus_ECAMD2D.DLL.oakaqhbhzoiorlehrwntnteehrnutelicezwhoue=2
F:\Flightsim\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/ASC.DLL.lkazeziorzrcecqiiwocrrhratqqcwrcbburiiar=2
F:\Flightsim\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/ND/AB_ND_GDI.DLL.lkhahrterhttquhlhlnrizcuuiezhulwuirbbwli=2
F:\Flightsim\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/DLLs/AsInput.DLL.wnzqnoaknbnwlbqlhwoqiilecinuiqwwoiauraht=2
F:\Flightsim\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/DLLs/FBW.DLL.clnoiuukbintkuhltnbqluaaqwzqnaqluowruhwh=2
F:\Flightsim\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/AirbusXE2.DLL.ebclkruwwalcthnuqeoeinlanntnwawolbwltoku=2
F:\Flightsim\GAUGES\../SimObjects/Airplanes/Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base/Panel_Fallback/AirbusXE.DLL.bhteborhatcttlrzcrelqllbbtilqnzkwtebaawt=2
F:\Flightsim\Modules\FSUIPC4_Loader.dll.ibtnchbkthlklcaeualolhrthhkwtuuhqnelcwqk=1
F:\Flightsim\GAUGES\BlackBox-AirbusA320.DLL.zceewwhicukebbabrhuecaqihlelbrbwuhleichh=2
F:\Flightsim\FeelThere\E170\EJetH.dll.hzoawbckwwituiaknlawaqorqwkibbonraanbwwk=1
F:\Flightsim\SimObjects\Airplanes\feelThere PIC E170\panel\EJet.GAU.huzbzrkbeliooetlukbbqhzkeetucewciitqrcow=2
F:\Flightsim\GAUGES\FSWXR2100.GAU.otcwtlchulkanwntqbhlribtqeewhnucorrwhrwz=2
F:\Flightsim\Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll.woniccouiqzwnzlbtnuqeahklionrckuihhbzieq=1
F:\Flightsim\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll.bntuqobqcottckrnqicibnlwilqwzakaeueneheq=1
F:\Flightsim\Modules\FSUIPC4_Loader.dll.thaulbzzabhawqinliqrllcuqieeeqtqtwbtolae=1
F:\Flightsim\FeelThere\E170\EJetH.dll.zoneuktlzqbbonqelrlhoqqitnqureworuiwthri=1
F:\Flightsim\GAUGES\737-400.DLL.raukczblqlcqktawokzcnckankccbcebolwqaebz=2
F:\Flightsim\SimObjects\Airplanes\feelThere PIC E190\panel\EJet.GAU.huzbzrkbeliooetlukbbqhzkeetucewciitqrcow=2

[RWW_WEATHER_MAP]
SHOW_AIRPORTS=0
SHOW_VORS=0
SHOW_NDBS=0
SHOW_APPROACHES=0
SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0
SHOW_VICTOR=0
SHOW_JET=0
SHOW_AIRSPACE=0
SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1
SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1
SHOW_DATATAGS=1
SHOW_TERRAIN=1
[MULTIPLAYER]
condAccoutPassword=0

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The crash occurred in the "kernelbase.dll" file. In most cases this is cause by buggy graphics device drivers. 

Make sure you are on the latest available version of the drivers for your graphics board.

You might also want to lower some graphics settings to see if that keeps the crash away.

Thanks for the prompt reply. New Machine 2 weeks old so new graphics card and drivers fully up to date, still the same issue as the old machine with different hardware. Tried for several hours altering FS settings, up, down in the middle and it still crashes. If it is sat in the cold and dark state its fine but start the APU and just leave it 20 - 30mins and it crashes. The only other thing I would mention is that the sound is very choppy like its cutting in and out when the APU starts. When the engines  are running it sounds fine.

Archived