FMC manual anywhere?

chesher

I cannot find anything in the documentation that actually describes the FMC protocols. The number of times I get 'not allowed' is frustrating. Don't tell me how it doesn't work; tell me how it does work! I am also getting a number of 'not in database' errors on airports. Mcdu then gives me the opportunity to add it but again 'bad format' etc How many different ways can one enter simple lat and long info.. I am tired of guessing.

There must be a manual somewhere with all of the protocols and instructive details.

the 'not in database' issue looks like a serious bug.. I can't believe EDDN is not in a German based product :-). I am using Navigraph with most up to date details. 1507

One can't fly this thing without being able to ebnter the flight data. Just have to go back to my PMDG 737 I guess.

Thanks

I cannot find anything in the documentation that actually describes the FMC protocols. The number of times I get 'not allowed' is frustrating. Don't tell me how it doesn't work; tell me how it does work! I am also getting a number of 'not in database' errors on airports. Mcdu then gives me the opportunity to add it but again 'bad format' etc How many different ways can one enter simple lat and long info.. I am tired of guessing.

There must be a manual somewhere with all of the protocols and instructive details.

the 'not in database' issue looks like a serious bug.. I can't believe EDDN is not in a German based product :-). I am using Navigraph with most up to date details. 1507

One can't fly this thing without being able to ebnter the flight data. Just have to go back to my PMDG 737 I guess.

Thanks

My suggestion is to go through the tutorial flight in order to learn the input syntax for the MCDU/FMC/FMS. If you still get those errors when following the tutorial, I would suggest you to do a full reinstallation of the Airbus.

Archived